Quantity Discounts - NOT USING VARIANTS!

Shopify Partner
17 0 2

........ 6 YEARS LATER ...........................

Shopfiy Expert UK - Benline.co.uk
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

I bet Big Commerce love the link juice from this thread haha. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

"I know discounts are something we are putting a lot of effort into right now."......

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

What is Big Commerce?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried shameless-shaming Shopify!

They are never ashamed - helps them make better revenue

A quick Google search: "Shopify Plus' pricing plans start around $2000 per month" - oh wow what have I been waiting for!!

Shopify WOULD benefit from implementing this feature because it would:

a) make existing users happy (everyone in this everlasting thread),

b) Retain existing customers (some have stated that they jumped ship because this feature was not available)

c) offer it as basic feature which will bring in new customers who are looking for this kind of feature for their online store

$2000 for a single Plus Subscription > $29 x all these worthless users crying for a very basic feature for 6+ years. 

a) make existing users happy (everyone in this everlasting thread),

They know how many Plus customers are going to downgrade to a basic membership the day they have rolled out this feature (or one of many other basic features they have deprived all other membership plans) for Basic members. 

b) Retain existing customers (some have stated that they jumped ship because this feature was not available)

Like I said earlier, even a huge number of teeny-weeny losses of revenues when cheap crap like us starts leaving the platform everyday (because we finally decided to realize that we have had enough humiliation and insult for years now) compared to even a single Plus upgrade = Increased revenue/profit for Shopify!

c) offer it as basic feature which will bring in new customers who are looking for this kind of feature for their online store

Marketing team at Shopify does an amazing job how they give online store owners this illusion that these store owners could take this win-win deal that not only cut down their regular costs but bring them on top of the game when they join this amazingly advanced platform, making them believe that the days of struggle are over the moment they are going to join the platform, for such a low monthly fees.

They are bringing in more and more new signups every day my friend. More and more fall for the advertisements every day, only to learn later about how ridiculously limited this platform is as long as they are on any of these Basic to Advanced Plans. That too after they have spent a lot of time, efforts and money on transferring everything from whatever the platform they came from. How helpless and tricked they feel, and end up paying more and more every day to bring things even to a basic level that they had enjoyed in the past anyway without much trouble on whatever the platform they were on previously. How their stores end up costing them a lot more than the previous platform. that too with hacks applied through these apps, making things furthermore unstable and a misery, a disaster for someone who thought that inventory management probably is the very basic feature any e-commerce solution offers.

It became a nightmare for those that slipped away from the platform already, to be able to even only track the inventory the right way, because of these quantity break hacks applied by the apps. But it doesn't matter trust me, there still was a conversion for Shopify to measure every year, as these basic plans actually are the baits that we all took, and soon found ourselves left with no option but to upgrade to the Plus plan if we want things finally streamlined after all the frustration we had been through trying to make things work. OR, find another solution, go through another time taking and troubling transition from this such an amazing platform to some other just fine platform.    

So, bringing in new customers is really not something that Shopify is ever going to have any trouble with, to retain them as Basic to advanced plan is really not the ideal output that Shopify is after (otherwise 6+ years, and they never cared. feels super untrue for a platform that ever cared even a little to retain) Shopify has a much broader and a lot different business model than what you and I ever thought of. 

Just my opinion that I had been holding back for a long time - my apologies to anyone that felt bad.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
685 0 68

It’s mega

I'm a million different people
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

So mega big that it did not make this cheesy pie chart... from 2017 ;)

What is this Woo thing? That seems to be the dominant mega big thing to compare to.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
685 0 68

Wordpress bloatfest 

I'm a million different people
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

Oh the joy that must be the dailuy grind of those who toil chop shopping Wordpress codez... I'd rather be knit a nice sweater as they say...

0 Likes