Question: Dropshipping with Oberlo to U.S. Market, but I live in Malaysia.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! 

I am very new to shopify and the whole idea of dropshipping. I have a few questions and hope someone can help me. 

1) How to register my business. Should I register in US or Malaysia? 

2) Payment method for my customer, do I need a US bank account or Malaysia bank account? Which third party payment I should choose? There are so many options and it's really confusing. 

3) And If I'm selling to US market, am i supposed to change the location of my business to a US address? What if I don't have a US address. 

4) I come across with Oberlo, and started adding products into my website, however, the leadtime is crazy. Is it recommended to only look for suppliers who can "ship from United States" option? That means they have a US warehouse correct? 

Hope someone can help me with my concerns. I'm having hard time to continue building this business. 

Thank you so much! 

Janice 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @janiselyx 

No need to have a USA Address, USA phone number, and USA registration to dropship in US. That is the advantage of dropshipping. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@janiselyx wrote:

Hello! 

I am very new to shopify and the whole idea of dropshipping. I have a few questions and hope someone can help me. 

1) How to register my business. Should I register in US or Malaysia? 

2) Payment method for my customer, do I need a US bank account or Malaysia bank account? Which third party payment I should choose? There are so many options and it's really confusing. 

3) And If I'm selling to US market, am i supposed to change the location of my business to a US address? What if I don't have a US address. 

4) I come across with Oberlo, and started adding products into my website, however, the leadtime is crazy. Is it recommended to only look for suppliers who can "ship from United States" option? That means they have a US warehouse correct? 

Hope someone can help me with my concerns. I'm having hard time to continue building this business. 

Thank you so much! 

Janice 

I have the same questions as well. How can I contact with you? How could you solve the problems?

0 Likes