Question about shipping setup

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I'm launching soon a dropshipping shopify store. We add suppliers on a 1to1 relationship, not using a dedicated shopify app. We'll have several suppliers. 

I have a question : how to make the user pay different shipping costs if he adds in a same order different products from different vendors?

Here is how the order would look: 

- He buys a product A from vendor X. According, to this vendor, he needs to pay 10€ of shipping cost. 

- He buys a product B from vendor Y. According, to this vendor, he needs to pay 5€ of shipping cost. 

So, in this only one order, the customer will have to pay shipping cost twice for a total of 15€.

How to do it? After a lot of research, I didn't find answer. So I come to ask here.  

Thanks guys. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 165

Hey, Julian!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Great question you got there. There are in general two different methods you can use to tackle this issue, depending on your budget and personal preferences. 

The first one requires you to purchase our custom calculated shipping (CCS) package, which is $20 additional on your monthly plan or free of charge if you decided to sign up with our annual plan. Once you get the package, then you can add one of the two apps that can allow you to customize each product's shipping rate.

1. Better Shipping
2. Advanced Shipping Rules

Each app comes with its own monthly fee. If you are going with this method, I encourage you to enjoy the free trial and see which best suited your needs. Please keep in mind to remove one before the trial ends to avoid getting charged. 

The second one is a setup a general shipping rate that covers your shipping. This method is cost-free but you won't be able to tailor your shipping rates by products. Rather, you'll be manually setting up shipping rates by the price of the product and create the pricing tiers. 

The result will be similar to the following (example):

This is just an example - you'll have to do the calculation with various combination of your products to determine what's the best shipping price tier to create that will cover most of your combination. With this method, you'll lose some money on some orders while making some money on other orders. The goal is to tailor it to the best you can so you can cover your own shipping fees without losing money at the end of the year. 

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Jason for your detailed answer! 

I will take time to analyze your solution! 

0 Likes