Question on copyrights concerning pictures of fashion models from Aliexpress dropshipping

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hello, I'm starting an e-boutique dropshipping clothes & accessories. I have imported the images from the suppliers on Aliexpress, but I've also been reading about the risks of copyright infringements.
I noticed though that many of the pictures have been modified with the model's faces cropped off - and as for those with the faces, I have also done my own cropping to avoid any identification of the model. Is this permissible? 
Any advice is much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Aliexpress photos should be ok, as they're (should be) from the manufacturers or sellers themselves. They're already used all around the world for those products too so any copyright infringements would have appeared when the products were first online. If unsure, ask the seller or Aliexpress :) Its so good to hear someone else care about copyright :) Wishing you all the best with your wonderful new business!

Be yourself. The world will adjust!
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @carole_t 

Once you removed the brand logo from the product image, it is fine.  But do not sell any corporate products like Nike, Apple, etc...   Sure you will get risk. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 23

Hi @carole_t! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

It all depends on AliExpress' policies regarding this, but based on the answers to your concern, it seems as though this is a possibility. From my end, I'd like to ask if AliExpress is your only app option for your dropshipping business? Have you had the chance to check Spocket out? It's also a dropshipping app but mainly has EU and US suppliers who can ship quality products fast. And in relation to your question, the app has a policy that states you're free to use and modify the photos of the suppliers you find on Spocket's catalog as you please.

I actually also raised and recommended Spocket as I'm curious if you're experiencing delays with your shipments due to the lockdown in China to control the virus? Perhaps you can look for alternative US-based and EU-based ones if you are. In any case, you can learn more about the platform on Spocket's official website and by joining the official Facebook group!

0 Likes