Recurring Shipping error message for PRICE BASED FREE shipping

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate.

I'm now at the point that I just want to get rid of this message since it is not interfering with the shipping but is causing confusion for customers. Can this message be removed in code without messing up something else?

I have a 2 supplier drop ship setup, one automated, one manual. I want to offer FREE shipping _over_ $45. Price based, not weight. Keep getting this error message even when only ONE option is shown. The customer does not have an option for shipping. It's either other than FREE or FLAT RATE.

I've been digging for a week to fix this issue. The only real fixes have been 3rd party which also require Advanced $$$ monthly subscription. Not acceptable, this should be an easy problem, so I'm hoping I'm overlooking something. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Scott!

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. 

I do see what you mean here:

This message displays by default after an adjustment has been made to the items in the cart.  I do see what you are saying though, it can appear as confusing if there is only one option available to choose from. 

However, not to worry this is managed within the checkout language and can indeed be removed or edited. We have a guide on how to this here

If you would like to remove it entirely, just click into the box, remove the text and insert a space instead, before clicking 'save'.

I have also placed some further tests, and your shipping rates do appear to be set up correctly:

These appear in line with your price based shipping preferences here.

I know you mention you would like free shipping under $45 in your post, is this a typo? Do feel free to let me know. If not, you will just need to switch the options around in your shipping settings. 

With regards to offering flat rate shipping, per individual items > total order amount, this is only possible by using an app coupled Carrier Calculated Shipping added. However, this feature is available for free with annual billing (on any plan) or for an additional $20 per month on when not using the Advanced plan/annual billing. 

I do hope this helps, though if you would like me to take a closer look, do let me know along with some example products/ a link to an abandoned checkout you had been testing with. 

Cheers,
Katy 

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks Katy for quick reply. Under $45 is customer paid shipping, so yes, it was a typo(I'm going to edit that). I thought it may have bee a cache issue, but was concerned a customer would have the same if clicking around too much. I'm going to try and remove it the message and see what happens. Thanks again.

S

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

I have same issue 
i have tried "If you would like to remove it entirely, just click into the box, remove the text and insert a space instead, before clicking 'save'."  but it showing blank error alert' 
https://zooclothing-com-au.myshopify.com/  this is my store link.

I need to remove that error message.
please help.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi, @indunoni 

Thanks for chiming in here, and apologies for the delay.

Could you share a screenshot with me of the message you are seeing?

I have been able to test this on my own store here, and it appears to save correctly. Let me show you:

23-02-um5si-4lagn

Could you perhaps try after clearing your cache or using a different browser?

Do let me know how you get on, I am here to help.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi, I am getting the same message. Except that my shipping prices are changing to something that i didnt even set. Please help i have been trying to figure this out for over a week now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi @Ladys91 !

Thanks so much for reaching out here.

That does sound a little strange indeed. I have sent you an email so that I can verify your details, and take a look at your shipping settings.

Do please reply to me when you can.

Thanks so much!

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

"Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate."

The above phrase is appearing currently, it won't estimate the shipping in the Cart view (it tells me it won't ship to my postcode) and it won't calculate a shipping cost meaning that the customer can't purchase!

It was all working fine, then I opted to change from First Class shipping to 2nd Class shipping and that seems to have triggered a fail.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hey, @Neil-Smallwood !

Thanks for joining here. That sounds a little strange too. Though it is difficult to tell without examining your store. I'd like to have a closer look at your settings - just to make sure everything is set up as it should be.

I've sent you an email too, do please reply to me when you can, and we can help to get this fixed up for you.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Katy, 

I appreciate you coming back to me. I also messaged the developers of my Royal Mail plugin app in case it was down to something with their app and it turns out it was! What wasn’t mentioned in the app info was that Royal Mail don’t ship anything over 21kg, and I have some products over that weight, but not knowing that it seemed to be so random.

I'll leave this reply here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Thanks for your help.

Neil

0 Likes