Return address in USA when running Shopify store from Spain

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everybody,

I live in Spain. I will dropship USA pet supplies to my USA customers. So far so good. My concern is returns. My USA customer should return the product to Spain, and I would then have to return the product to my USA supplier. This is not very efficient. So I'm looking for a company / service that can receive the returns in my name, somewhere in the USA, and ship the product back to my supplier. So somewhat like a fulfillment service, but in reverse. Does this exist?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 51

Hey, there!

Creating an effecient returns system while dropshipping can cause some friction, especially if you're not in the same country where your supplier and customers live. 

My first suggestion, if you haven't already done this, is to contact your supplier to see if they will accept returns directly. This would be the simplest and most cost effective solution. 

Most dropshipping companies offer fullfilment and will accept returns. However, companies that accept returns on behalf of merchants without also fullfilling the original order are rare, infact I've not heard of a service such as this. That does not mean it does not exist! This being a farily custom request, you'll want to contact fulfillment companies such as Rakuten  or Shipwire directly.

That being said if you are able to have your supplier accept returns you'll find the process to be less costly and faster.

Let me know if you have any questions!

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ash,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Returning directly to my suppliers would indeed be most effective, BUT I want my brand and only my brand to show to my end customer, not my suppliers' brands. Having said that, I am still considering that solution (praying that the number of returns will be low).

Meanwhile, I have sent emails to Printful, Rakuten and Shipwire to see if they might offer my preferred solution.

Thanks for your input!

0 Likes