Same products with different suppliers for 2 ship to countries

Dalaimamma
6 0 0

Hi everyone,

I want to ship the same line of products but have two separate drop shippers in canada and united states.  The reason being shipping my designed products from Printful to Canada is far too expensive.  Is it possible to set it up that the same tshirt for example would ship from Printful for a US customer and from another dropshipper (i have yet to find) from Canada for a Canadian customer?

tks,

Dalaimamma, new to shopify and dropshippng!

Replies 12 (12)

Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

Hi Dalaimamma,

First of all, excellent choice of name. But for your question, in order to choose a different carrier, all you need to do is create separate zones for Canada and USA in your Shopify settings. In Shopify > Shipping in your profile(s), you can create separate zones for each country, and then, when adding rates, it will only show the rates included in said zone to the customers, ie. if you have a USA zone with printful and CAN zone with another carrier, a CAN customer would not be able to see the printful rates.

Customer Success Lead @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
Dalaimamma
6 0 0

thank you for the compliment on the name and your quick response.  If I understand what you are saying I dont think it answers what I am asking.  Basically what I would like to do is sell a tshirt design that is linked to printful and sell that same tshirt design that is linked to Canadian drop shipper so it s the same shirt which in theory be listed twice on my website, so somehow have us customers only see the ones that are available from printful and canadian customers only see the ones available from Canadian drop shipper.  I saw someone talk about an app that blocks view of some products for certain regions.  Not sure if that would do for me.  In the long run having a canadian and us website would be the answer but as i am starting out i just want to stick with one.

tijana011
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm new to shopify but am wondering about this same question. If you set up 2 different shipping zones with 2 different carriers, would you set up the products + product prices separately for each zone too? for example, if you had zone a with carrier 1, and you had products a-f listed, would you set up zone b with carrier 2, and list products f-z (even if they were the same products, they'd be separately listed and only visible according to pre-set prices + carriers?

Would this be able to work if say, you were shipping from 2 different countries, like let's say I could ship from Canada across North America, and I could also ship from Spain across Europe, as I was set up in both countries and that way I had two home bases for the same products, so my shipping would be cheaper bc I wouldn't have to ship as far internationally seeing as I was set up in two places? Would i just be able to edit the 2 zones and integrate local couriers in this case, and then use 2 different currencies? Can I change the currencies for the separate zones then too? Thanks

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hello @Dalaimamma 

Yes, it is possible.  Have two different product links. One for the USA and another one for Canada.  Promote the product link to respective countries. 

If the USA customer purchased the Canada product link, no problem ship it from the USA supplier itself since the products are same. 

Dalaimamma
6 0 0

Thank you, that sounds good.  As I am greener than green with this, could you please give me a step by step to accomplish this.  I really appreciate your help and knowledge.

MarkG143
Tourist
39 0 1

You can use a 3pl provider like librexpress.com. They will connect to your dropshipping customer's stores and then ship on your behalf.

I am a distributor. I have about 350 stores that dropship from me. Librex Fulfillment stores all of my products and then connects to my clients 350 stores. As the stores get orders they ship out my items in real-time. This might be what you are looking for.

shopamapa
Shopify Partner
18 1 3

@Dalaimamma  did you find the answer to this?

For now the only way I can think of is simply to not choose any vendor when you create a product. And then, when you get the order you go to either printful or the other one and create order there and send it to costumer.

Did you find any other solution? I need too

Dalaimamma
6 0 0

What I have done is show the product twice and indicate which ships from USA or Canada.  

I dont know what the best way is.  Can you even not select a vendor with the product??  I dont see how.

then there are also different costs ...shipping etc..

Cherylj
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey there.  Did you ever get this sorted. I am facing exactly the same issue here in Australia and would love a solution.  I’d like to you Printify internationally and a local printer for domestic sales.

april252
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Cherylj - 
Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same situation in Australia. 
Also, which suppliers do you use? Trying to figure it all out!

Thanks.

Temper
4 0 0

Hi, 

I'm facing the same issue. Did you figure it out?

Thanks

fishnpiff
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello did you ever find out a solution for this? Having the same thought, i'm in Australia and was to have a supplier in Australia servicing Australia and NZ and then a supplier in USA servicing America!