Selling branded products from Aliexpress for Dropshipping

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone, I would like to raise a question about selling branded products that are available in Aliexpress for Dropshipping business.

At this stage, I have planned to start dropshipping business and designed a store with Shopify. Now I am adding products Aliexpress products through Oberlo App. For the better product selection, I have found some branded products in Oberlo which are finally linked to Aliexpress. So I have selected some of the branded products because of their quality and better customer reviews. Some of the branded products are:

- Samsung wireless charger

- Casio watch

- Huawei smart watch

- Amazfit watch Etc.

But now on my second thought before opening the store, I googled about selling branded products and found that I am not authorized to sell a brand products unless I am an authorized dealer/distributor (though dropshipping is not mentioned there), but in Aliexpress they are available for sell and dropship.

So my question is:

Can I legally sell the above mentioned branded products which are listed in Aliexpress, by adding into my store and dropshipping them in USA/Europe from China?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @SynchMart 

Yes, you may sell branded products on your dropshipping store but on the safe side, I wouldn’t recommend it.

When you decide on selling branded items, you will probably have to secure a license or a certificate from the company authorizing or certifying you as an official re-seller or distributor of their product.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

then what if its a branded item from a Chinese company? does the same rules apply?

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @jknoad 

That Chinese company is the original makers of the brand?  If yes you can sell.  Otherwise, you will get issues when promoting through social channels.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like