Shall I be honest with the Chinese packaging?

Tourist
6 0 2

Hello

I haven't made a sale yet...lots of traffic though, its an Ali Express dropshipping genetral store, my issue is - how do you get around the product arriving at your customer's house wrapped up in Chinese packaging, and a big stamp all in Chinese.

Should I just be honest on my website and tell them up front that I can keep the "great" prices  because I ship from the other side if the world?

How does everyone else do this and do you get complaints from your customers wondering "whats up" with the packaging and no instructions...

Jill

BC Online Solutions

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello there
     China's cross-border goods are basically in English packaging.

You need to choose the right supplier

Or find a Chinese who can help you with these things.

I am Chinese, I am happy to help you.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Sales is all about trust, so I believe you're better off being upfront about the origin of the products. Consumers aren't dumb, and if there's even a whiff of deception you will end up spending time and money trying to set things right with your customers. Besides, you're going to offer order tracking, right?

As you said, you may be better off taking it on headfirst and defining it as a benefit, not a problem. Our store dropships wooden toys from China, alongside some locally-made product, and we have chosen China-sourced product that matches the North American/European brands very closely but at a much lower price. We position it as the way we are able to offer great products at a great price, and the direct-ship model even cuts down on the packaging and transportation waste associated with warehousing. It's a feature, not a bug. 

Because our products are aimed at conscientious parents, we paid to have the goods independently tested for lead paint, etc. That's just one more layer of trust. We know that we will never win the customers who would otherwise pay full price for the "name brands", but by being direct and honest about our sourcing we earn business in the band beneath that. We still occasionally have a customer or two who miss the message and end up surprised when they click the tracking link in their shipping confirmation emails, so we offer hassle-free returns for 30 days for anyone who still has any misgivings. We've rolled a 5% return rate for the last three months, which is pretty typical across all retail.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 2

thanks for  your insight, I think I will put this information in my shipping policy area, I can use the word "overseas" and not china directly, to massage the message a bit....

Thanks for your honesty

Jill

0 Likes