Shipping Times

1 0 0

Hi All,

I'm totally new to this, and I'm sure this has been asked/addressed, so my apologies in advance. I'm just setting things up and looking at dropshipping via Oberlo which uses aliexpress. I did a test order and it looks like it will take 30+ days for anyone to get a product in the mail. 

I must be missing something? I can't imagine any customer would be ok with that..

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 7 25

Hey, there.

My name is Ren and I am from the Shopify support team - would love to help out here!

So when drop-shipping from overseas, there does tend to be a longer wait-time. This is due to a number of reasons such as travel by water and having to clear customs. There are some things you can do and some methods to follow to help mitigate this for your customers.

1. Select E-packet whenever you can. E-packet is going to be one of the faster options while still remaining low-cost and allows your customers to track their package from the beginning. Offering a tracking option helps eliminate customer service support debt from people wondering where their order is. Read more here: What is E-Packet Delivery.

2. Be honest and clear about shipping wait times. Create a page dedicated to Shipping information and go into some details about expected wait times. Consider adding this clause into your order confirmation emails as well for customers that might not read your information page. You can find more details about Product Delivery Estimates here.

3. Here's a direct quote from Oberlo: Try to have fun with it. This is easier said than done. However, if you’re being transparent and clear about shipping times, then you might as well have some fun with it. For instance, if you’re in the yoga niche and your product might take a few weeks to arrive, remind users that yoga is a good way to strengthen patience. If you sell sweaters, assure customers that it will still be cold when the sweater gets there.

4. Are your products small? Some merchant stock a limited quantity of their most popular products to up-sell "express" or "rush" shipping options. Having items on hand will naturally enable you to ship very quickly.

I hope I've been able to help clear things up and set you on the right path to creating optimal shipping expectations for your customers. Don't hesitate to reach back out if you'd like any clarification or assistance!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
13 0 0

maybe you need to find other shippers with shorter fulfillment and shipping time.

usually epacket is recommended. To US 7-15 days. To rest countries 7-20 day.

flashleopard.com 

0 Likes