Shipping with e-packet experience

1 0 0

Hello Guys! 

I almost ready to publish my store, though I kinda sceptic about the e-packet shipping. 

I have heard that it takes about 10-20 days, but I am worried it might take a bit longer? 

what are your experience with e-packet, and what do you write to the customer, when the package hasn't arrived? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
25 3 8

Hi, there!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out.

Consistent shipping and delivery times are very important to ensure customer satisfaction. For dropshipping businesses, e-packet shipment is a quick and cost-effective method of shipment from international suppliers in China and Hong-Kong. It also provides customers with end-to-end tracking at no additional cost. While shipping times can take up to 10 - 20 days, it often won't be longer than 30 days. If you're using the Oberlo app to import products from suppliers to your Shopify store, then I suggest using Oberlo's 'Verified Suppliers'. These are suppliers who have proven to ship high-quality products alongside having consistently proven shipping times. 

Communication and transparency to your customers about your shipping times will also be very important. For this reason, I suggest creating a shipping policy for your Shopify store which states that average shipping times can be 10 - 20 days from when the order is fulfilled. Sometimes, suppliers can take a few days to fulfill the order which tacks on a couple of more days to the shipping time. If you are using Oberlo, any orders which haven't immediately been fulfilled by the supplier will have a notification next to the order in the Oberlo dashboard. If this occurs, I encourage you to reach out to your customer(s) to inform them of the slight delay. To minimize this risk, again, I suggest using Oberlo's suppliers. I would also be sure to link your shipping policy in either your main or footer menu. You can create a template of a shipping policy (as well as others) in your Shopify admin under 'Settings > Legal'.

Best of luck with your business! 

0 Likes