Shopify dropshipping from Philippines to other countries

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I want to have a dropshipping business in Shopify using Printful and Oberlo/Aliexpress. My target audiences are those outside my country specifically US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Since my supplier is not from my country, in this case, Aliexpress and Printful (which are from China and US, I guess) are there any legal matters that I must follow here in the Philippines like getting a business license of that sort?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 231

Hello,

Truly, You can drop ship any place on the world.

I recommend you can utilize “Aliexpress Dropshipping” application. This application is utilized for to import the products from supplier sites to Your shopify store. What's more, it gives Daily auto update sync from supplier sites to shopify store.

Much appreciated,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
716 24 239

Hey, Karlie!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ?

We can give you as much advice as you need with regards to creating your Shopify store but the legal requirements for running a busy vary from country to country. We're not experts in that department. This guide should point you in the right direction but I would always recommend you take advice from a professional locally to make sure you are on the right side of the law in your country. It shouldn't matter that you are dropshipping from China or the States. The same laws should apply that would apply to any other Filipino business. 

If you are shipping from more than one country, make sure you're transparent about that to manage your customer's expectations. It would be a good idea to have a menu linking to a shipping policy page to let your customers know your products are located in different warehouses. They should also be aware their products may show up in different packages and at different times. Oberlo has an example of a shipping policy here.

Shipping from different locations can also complicate things with regards to your shipping settings. Printful shipping costs are likely to be higher than Oberlo. To simplify things for your customers, I would personally recommend you just do free shipping on your store and incorporate the shipping price into your product price. If you decide to do this, you'd do Price Based shipping rates. Since free shipping is a great selling point, I'd make sure you advertise that with a banner at the top of your screen. Alternatively, you could charge a flat rate for your shipping. Perhaps you'd then offer free shipping if they spend over a certain amount. 

If you do decide to use Oberlo, I'd recommend using Oberlo Supply, rather than importing products from Aliexpress. The benefit of this is that the sellers have all been vetted by Oberlo. They know you are dropshipping so they won't send their own marketing materials and it is expected they will communicate with you if you have questions or issues. You can read more about the differences in this guide.

Let me know if you need any further help figuring out the logistics of your business. We're always here if you need the support. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

how to set to sell to other countries.  i'm from philippines and i am only set to sell in philippines

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @whitracft 

Since you are not shipping product from your country, no need to worry about legal matters.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes