Some traffic but 0 sales in 2 months

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi, I'm getting 20-30 sessions per day in organic traffic. I have no idea if that's bad or average. Can I improve that and how?

This is all new to me so I'm certain my site has flaws but not conversation after 1k + sessions seems unusual, no? I now my product pages aren't great and I'm getting to work copywriting them now but still, 0 conversions?

I'm completely new to ecommerce and online marketing and everything like that so is approximate any help

My site is ddigshop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 78

Hi @jeanedbourque !

Sorry to hear about your bad luck so far & hope things turn around for you soon! 

Overall I like your store design, layout, and product images.

• One thing I would start with - your product titles! Keyword-stuffing your product titles is a huge turn-off. Think about other clothing/accessory stores that you know are successful and look at their product titles. Do you see any of them doing this? Keep your product titles as short as possible to provide just enough detail for the customer to know what the item is, and take those keywords and move them down to the product description (spread out in context with meaningful content).
  • 20-30 sessions a day is still not very much traffic. Are you running any marketing?  Are you creating any content to engage and capture an audience? I clicked on your social media icons in the footer, and the FB and YT links don't go anywhere. The IG link goes to what appears to be your (or someone's) personal IG page with no content. You need need need to create and build a social media presence to build your brand (which leads me to my next item...)
  • Your products are nice. But they're not unique, and you don't have a brand. Why should I buy from you instead of getting these same products from a well known retailer that I know I can trust? Brands build trust, loyalty, and a following. Unless you have unique, niche products, your store will never be a destination until you build a brand, and you do that with personality, integrity, and interesting content. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Right on, thank you so much for your insights. I understand what you've
said about the product titles. As a consumer, that would turn me off

When you're talking about branding though, how does one do that as a
dropshipping store?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @jeanedbourque 

Please share the product link you are promoted, experts may help with conversions. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Yes, of course. Any help would be phenomenal. All my products are listed on ddigshop.com. I think that's what you meant.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 78

@jeanedbourque 

Dropshipping or not, you build a brand around what appeals to your target customer.

Looking at your store, you have the foundation there - 'the upscale look for the everyman' - take that and build around it. Think about the lifestyle of your target audience/customers/demographic. Make content and advertising that is appealing to that demographic. Build a 'community' that those people will want to be a part of by buying products from you.

Ever seen the Dr. Squatch Soap ads online? Their product isn't really that special. You can get 'alternative' or 'organic' bar soaps almost anywhere. They built a brand with personality that appeals to young & middle age men. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Ok, great thanks. Your explanation and example makes sense to me. That's
super helpful, I had heard of branding but has no idea what it was our
entailed. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
337 14 30

Hi @jeanedbourque 

The best way to do at this time is to optimize your conversion rate, This will bring you sales. In case you do not know how-to, We've prepared for you this article: How to Increase Conversion Rate for Shopify Store?

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes