Standard Size chart/guide for clothing

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. How do the succesful dropshipping stores come up with a standard size chart, For Example; https://shopmangorabbit.com/pages/sizing

All the vendors on Aliexpress have different size charts for each individual piece. Is there anyway to come up with a standard size chart that I could use for say tops, jackets, hoodies etc. Or do I have to create hundreds of size charts for each individual product?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 100

Hey, Adam!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Great question! How that particular store has gotten one unified size chart for all their products isn't something that I could speak to - it's possible that all the products they sell that this chart would affect are from the same vendor, or vendors that use a similar sizing structure. If you're selling items that are sized appreciably differently and want to include a size chart, there isn't a way that I'm aware of to get a chart like the one you're seeing, apart from using an average size and accepting that some products would trend smaller or larger. You'd need multiple sizing charts in this case. There's a couple things I could suggest to make that easier:

• While we do have a guide on embedding a size chart on your product pages, this puts a button for the same size chart on every product in your store that has a 'size' option, which wouldn't work for your case. You could however create a sizing chart page for all the products that come from a common vendor, and insert a link pointing to this page in your product descriptions. 
  • Alternately, you could consider an app to help create those size charts - Ultimate Size Chart allows you to create a size chart quickly, and add it to entire collections at a time rather than product by product. It's a paid option, but it does offer a three day trial so that you can try it out and see if it'll work for your needs.
  • Finally, if you've found that they're very close in size, you could use a single size chart and make notes on the product pages in regards to discrepancies - for example, "This product trends larger than some of our other attire, please order one size up to ensure a proper fit!"

I hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Alex, I have a shopify app called Best Fit - Size Charts, that handles all your size charts.

Click here to view the demo.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 3.43.19 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3

How do you increase the size of button, for size chart with the "Best Fit - Size Charts" app. It works greatly, but the button is so miniscule, and there is no option to increase size/font. 

Any tips?? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Send us an email at contact@relentlessapps.com and we'll get you the code to change this.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Adam_Corrie 

The only way is pasting the size chart in the product description.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Kev!

Unfortunately it's impossible to change the size of the button for this moment. But we'll take your wish into consideration for the future updates.

We'll keep you posted!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3
What do you mean?

If I post the size chart in the product description, it will appear as a larger button to the client?

Please specify.
0 Likes

Please dismiss my message - I've mistaken your answer to another Shopify App. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Kev,

<style>
div .scr-open-size-chart {
font-size: 18px !important;
}
</style>

0 Likes