Starting a new store ( Legal name & Store name )

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

I am going to stat a new ecom store soon, I am in the the research process. 

So I decided that i am going to add both stripe and paypal as payment options, so to get that my question is that do I have to match the business name ( Legal Name, like on the LLC ) with the store name ? or being the owner of the llc and the store is enough ? 
- does stripe or paypal require the names to match ? 

I want to know that before establishing the LLC and move to building the store and integrating everything  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3089 233 507

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mohammad_odeh,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a great question. I am based in Ireland and would be more familiar with the Irish laws where I don't believe the business name has to match the store name completely as one business an LLC can have multiple different businesses under it. In an instance similar to this, I would look to have your store name registered as a business so you have that secured in your country. You can see this in the official Irish business registration information guides here

Regarding whether Stripe or PayPal require the names to match, this is something I would reach out to Stripe and PayPal about directly as they would know best on the information needed to use them as a gateway. You can reach out to Stripe here and PayPal here

Hopefully, this points you in the right direction for the best next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @mohammad_odeh 

Our best wishes for your new store.  Your store name no need to match with your LLC. 

But your NAME and ADDRESS should be the same on LLC, Shopify, PayPal, Stripe, Bank Account, and Credit Card.  This is very important. 

Please reply to this thread if you have any questions.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a question. How many different dropshipping stores can we have under one company/LLC? what if I close one store and start another?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3089 233 507

Hi @Saleh_ahmad,

Great question! From Shopify's persepctive, you could have as many stores as you want with this in mind. It wouldn't be a problem at all to have multiple stores under the same LLC via Shopify. You could even run them at the same time and not have to close them. You can even navigate between multiple stores after you log in to your Shopify admin if you have them under the same email address. So if you are running multiple stores at the same time, you would only need one unique log in. You can see more about switching between Shopify stores here

I would suggest talking to your account or a legal representative about being able to run multiple stores under one LLC to make sure all is ok from that side of things. Let me know if you have any other questions about this! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes