State Taxes for Drop Ship

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are thinking about starting a new drop ship business from the state of Montana (no sales tax state). Our drop ship supplier is located in New York City, NY (NY does have sales tax). Can anyone offer advice on when we would need to collect sales tax assuming that we might sell products in all 50 states? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

My S Corporation is located in NY and I only have to pay sales tax on orders that ship to the state of NY.  I would assume the laws are the same in Montana but I would ask an accountant.  

DropShipLifestyle.com - eCommerce / Drop Shipping Training Course & Online Community developed and maintained by Anton Kraly who is best known for turning a $29 investment into a $1.8 million dollar business via eCommerce. For free information on drop shipping strategies you can checkout www.dropshiplifestyle.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

My S Corporation is located in NY and I only have to pay sales tax on orders that ship to the state of NY.  I would assume the laws are the same in Montana but I would ask an accountant.  

DropShipLifestyle.com - eCommerce / Drop Shipping Training Course & Online Community developed and maintained by Anton Kraly who is best known for turning a $29 investment into a $1.8 million dollar business via eCommerce. For free information on drop shipping strategies you can checkout www.dropshiplifestyle.com
0 Likes