The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
18 0 12

Hey folks, 

If you haven't already seen it yet, make sure you check out our Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping. 

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/guides/dropshipping

This guide will teach you everything you need to know to get your own dropshipping business off the ground while avoiding the costly mistakes that can kill new dropshipping ventures. It dives into everything from dropshipping basics to operating a dropshipping business and dealing with some of the problems that arise.

Mark Macdonald, Content Manager, Shopify | twitter > @mark_macdonald
4 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

Nice to read your blog about drop shipping. It seems very good that you have described the drop-shipping business so well. After reading your blog people can take a lot of tips to start their own set up of drop shipping business. Thanks for such an excellent post.

4 Likes
Tourist
6 0 8

There's a ton of resources for people who want to have orders fulfilled by a dropshipper. But where are the resources for those of us who want to dropship our products?

8 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Before I read this guide, I had a very limited understanding of drop shipping and how it all works. I found the guide to be very informative, and it made the whole process of drop shipping less intimidating. I plan on reading it once or twice more to make sure that I've learned as much as I can, and I am seriously considering starting my own company that uses drop shipping. 

1 Like
1 0 1

First of all a great Applause to the blogger.
"Dropshipping" i was really unaware of this,but the guide really helped me to sort it out.
Thanks for the effort you made to make our life easy.
Its informaive & brief to understand the thread,
for a new enterpernour like me hope this will support very much 
Now Expections are really high for you Keep the good work 

1 Like
1 0 1

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

1 Like
1 0 1

I had a very limited understanding of drop shipping and how it all works . There's a ton of resources for people who want to have orders fulfilled by a dropshipper.As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

1 Like
1 0 1

1-FaYa8 allows dropship orders for all registered customers. There are no additional charges.
Just order online in the same way as usual, but add a new shipping address during the checkout process.
You can have as many shipping addresses as you like listed on your FaYa8 account.

2- Won't my customers just go direct to FaYa8?! Fear not! The products will be sent "blind". That means FaYa8's name, address and contact details are not visible to your customer. Your customers cannot find out your wholesale dropship source.
In the FaYa8 warehouse, we have specialized procedures to ensure no mention of FaYa8 is made on the packaging or invoice. In addition, we will not include any FaYa8 promotional materials on or in the packages and none of the products contain the FaYa8 logo or brandname on the product, packaging or accessories.
Your repeat customers will remain loyal to you - they don't need to know that FaYa8 is your secret wholesale dropship supplier.

1 Like
1 0 1

People make money from it, yes.

If you have a supplier you know and trust it's great. 

If, like most people, you get involved in the wrong manner you'll be flying blind.

Avoid any website that offers drop-shipping to the public. You'll find their products on Ebay for less then they charge their "drop-shippers."

1 Like
1 0 1

I know of wholesale to the trade companies that Drop Ship.  Visit www.giftswholesale.com, select Categories and wholesale vendors who drop ship are listed there.

1 Like