Transferring Oberlo In A Development Store

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey all, quick question here regarding building a development store to pass off to a merchant while utilizing Oberlo as a third party app.  I figure I should ask before just "trying" it.  When you transfer the site to the merchant, does Oberlo transfer over cleanly to the merchant automatically or are there other considerations to take into account?  Seems like the products, URLs, photos, everything sourced from Oberlo should continue to tie in, but I would rather ask the silly question first than take a chance of building out a store and finding out it doesn't work that way.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
16 2 3

Hi @Jesse_Lassandro ,

Fran here from Shopify. That's a great question!

As you correctly figured out, whenever you transfer a development store, with Oberlo integrated as app, to the merchant, all the products and orders details and informations will move automatically, once you transfer the ownership of the account.

Once an Oberlo account is synced to a Shopify account, it never gets removed. So if the account owner transfers the store account it doesn't affect anything for Oberlo or the synchronization of the store at all.

Hope this can help!

All the Best,

Fran

Fran | Language Care Guru @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes