Trying to understand customs costs when importing into an agent's warehouse, then domestic shipping

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi all:

I am new to this and have sourced products through an agent with warehousing in the US.  We are going to ship the first order to a US warehouse, then ship to customers domestically from there.  My agent is telling me that there won't be customs charges but that doesn't seem right to me and I don't want to be surprised with a large bill later or find that my customers are being charged unexpected fees.  Since this is a bit of a technical question I think the language barrier with my agent is keeping me from getting a better understanding on the process.  Does anyone else have experience working with a similar model?  Any thoughts on the above scenario?  Any resources you might recommend to help me better understand the customs/import duty side of things?  Anything in what I'm describing raise a major red flag?  Many thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @janealaneyous 

The seller may say there is no custom taxes to close the sales.  But it is recommended to discuss with your local customs about the package to confirm whethere any taxes applied or not. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes