US suppliers for beginners

Tourist
21 0 1
It seems that people that can dropship with fast shipping have big capital to start. But what if your capital is small? Feels like china is the only option. But that has 3+ weeks od waiting and that can affect seo and your ad score because customers will get a survey and say that waited a long time. How can you US suppliers like aliexpress that works with anyone without a order history or 50 orders monthly?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
82 21 22

Hi @Vvel ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for reaching out today. Dropshipping is an awesome business model, especially for new businesses with small amount of capital. Using our app Oberlo you can import products from AliExpress, but what you maybe didn't know is you can actually filter for products shipping from warehouses within the United States. This will save time on shipping, the shipping rates do tend to be a bit more as these suppliers are using USPS to ship instead of a cheaper option like ePacket.

To access the products that are available within the US, you'll need to pull up AliExpress.com and use the Oberlo Chrome Extension to add products to your import list. Once on the collection page, you can filter for products that are shipping from the US:

Another option would be to use a third party app like Spocket. Spocket specializes in products shipping from US and EU suppliers, so generally offer faster shipping options than what you would see for a product coming from China.

What type of products are you looking to sell on your store? I'd suggest taking a look at our blog post on how to price your products to ensure you're building a succesful business regardless of the cost of goods. If you're interested, we also have a course Dropshipping 101 that will give you some great tips and tricks from an industry expert.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hi Vvel,

I'm Vash from Spocket.

The best thing about dropshipping is that you do not need to invest heavily to get your online business started. It also offers you the freedom to explore a whole range of products and try out new products whenever you like until you find a product/niche that works for you or a supplier that you can work with.As Dani mentioned, if you are looking for suppliers with faster shipping options, it would be good to check out Spocket.

We know how frustrated merchants often experience by the lack of quality items they find in the market and longer shipping which is why we do our best to work to build a marketplace of high-quality products merchants can be proud to sell to their customers. Hope you can check us out. It’s totally free to sign up for an account with us:
https://spocket.io/30Kp7KK and check out what our suppliers have to offer!

0 Likes