Vegan/no cruelty food items

3 0 0
Hello,
I'm trying to source vegan food products for my dropshipp store. So far I've been unable to find anything reliable. I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you all for time, in advance.

Peace and love,
Marcie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
197 17 41

Hi, @Marcie!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Dropshipping vegan food products is a great idea. However, I can definitely see the challenge of sourcing suppliers. Because these are food products, it's important to consider the logistics around shipping these products. Will you be shipping them internationally? Will they be perishable goods? If so, will you be able to ensure that customers receive them in a timely manner? One of the biggest challenges with dropshipping is that shipping times can be longer than customers typically anticipate, so ensuring that your suppliers can quickly ship orders to customers should be top of mind. 

I did manage to find a company called Deja Vegan that offers dropshipping services through a third-party app, Wholesale2b. This particular app is available in our App Store and also integrates with a ton of other suppliers worldwide, giving you more product options. It's quite popular and it might be a good option for you! It has a 7-day free trial, so I recommend installing it to see what other suppliers are available. If you decide that this app isn't for you, then uninstalling the app before the trial expires will ensure that you are not charged for it.

I also managed to find a blog post called Vegan Wholesale Dropshipping Opportunities That Actually Work, which you may find useful. It includes links to a few products that are available for dropshipping through a supplier called Green Dropship. It looks like they also offer a wide variety of products from well-known vegan brands. Have you come across this supplier yet?

Aside from these two suppliers, I highly recommend directly reaching out to local vegan food retailers. This way, you can establish a relationship with your supplier and perhaps even expand to in-person sales, which Shopify also offers through our POS app. It's also a great way to support other local businesses in your community and offers opportunity for cross-promotion. 

Lastly, as you work on getting your business off the ground, it might be worth checking out this success story from Emmy's Organics, another store hosted on Shopify who specializes in vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO products. I'm sure this will help get you inspired!

What kind of vegan food products are you wanting to sell? Have you tried reaching out to local retailers yet? I'd love to hear more about your business plans. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes