What is the difference between Wholesale & Dropshipping

David263
1 0 0

Hello! 

I am newbie and wanted to learn shopify from start, please suggest me the best way to learn and grow?

How can we maximize ROI and which Add network is best for running ads?

Regards,

Greenhouse Management software

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
89 17 19

Hey, @David263!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! I'd be more than happy to provide you with some resources that will ensure growth for you and your business here on Shopify.

Getting started on Shopify

Shopify is an e-commerce software that merchants around the world use to create their own, independent stores to sell online or in-person. Are you looking to start an online business selling your products or services? If so, then have a look at this guide right here to see what Shopify can offer you. Did you have any products in mind that you were wanting to sell? I'd love to hear more and help you out.

Starting a business can seem daunting or confusing, especially if you're unsure where to start. Luckily, Shopify has plenty of online resources to help with the start-up process, including experimenting with different ways to run your business.

Because you may not have an idea of a particular niche to dive into, have you considered Dropshipping? Dropshipping is a business model where you essentially curate a selection of products within whichever niche you choose, using wholesale sites like AliExpress, and once a customer buys from you, you then purchase the product from your supplier and have them ship it directly to your customer. It's a very hands-off way of starting a business and has a low start-up cost. We have plenty of resources on this topic:

• The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping E-book: At Shopify, what we really like about dropshipping is that it provides a lower-risk approach for independent businesses to test out new product ideas (and product lines) without having to own and pay for the product upfront.

• Oberlo Blog: Oberlo is an app that connects to Shopify, allowing you to sell products from outside sites. Oberlo is also owned by Shopify, and these Blogs are great at giving you pro-tips about running this type of business.

Outside of this, we also have plenty of resources to help you get started with Shopify:

• Shopify Blog: Our Shopify Blogs are an amazing resource for everything Shopify-related, included finding a niche to explore.

• Shopify Compass: Is full of video classes you can work your way through to learn how best to run your business! These classes are free with a Shopify membership.

Running Ads with Facebook

Facebook Ads are especially perfect for those merchants like yourself who are just starting out and may not have much advertising experience or a big ad budget. Before you can create Facebook ad campaigns in Shopify, you need to set up the Facebook Marketing feature in the Facebook channel. Check out this guide for instructions on how to set up your Facebook channel.

Most businesses have a Facebook and/or Instagram business page they use for connecting with their fans and customers on social media. When you decide to use paid ads on Facebook and Instagram, you can opt to have them come from your brand’s social pages. This often results in increased brand exposure and new followers for your company, which is one of the benefits of advertising on social platforms.

TIP: I’d highly recommend looking into Facebook Blueprint where you can discover online learning courses, training programs, and certifications that can help you get the most out of Facebook marketing platforms.

As you're working on just getting started, you may be interested in learning about growing your business with Shopify. I've attached the course below so you can learn more about how this can benefit your business:

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @David263 

Facebook and Google Ads are always king.  Instagram Influencers Shoutout recommended. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
TeamSpocket
Excursionist
29 4 6

Hi @David263 ,

Wholesale requires you to buy the products in bulk, shipped them to your warehouse, and then sell them to your customers.  Dropshipping on the other hand only requires you to buy the item once a customer placed an order from your store. This is the case for dropshipping because your supplier is the one fulfilling the orders and not you.  In terms of cost, dropshipping requires less upfront investment making it an ideal business model for new e-commerce merchants. 

On top of this, there are apps that help you drop ship products easier.  You can try Spocket. It's a dropshipping app that allows you to import and sell products from our suppliers around the world.  This is perfect for merchants like you who plan to sell online. 

You can check this article and see how easy it is to set up a dropshipping store using the app: 

Quick 5-Step Process to Launching your Store

You can sign up here for a free Spocket account.  You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team

0 Likes

Hello @David263 ,

The main difference between drop shipping and wholesale is the handling of inventory of products.  

Both are product acquisition which relates to retail. Drop shipping does not need an inventory of products, while in wholesale - product inventory is important because the items are bought at larger quantities.

For Learning you can go through this link:-

https://dropshipcorporation.com/dropshipping-course/

Click https://dropshipcorporation.com/
Want to modify or changes on store
Contact us on admin@dropshipcorporation.com | Skype : live:.cid.ee77f4814fc1785a
0 Likes

Dropshipping is relatively more costly, but to do it big, I suggest you have your own agent and can create your own brand. control the quality of the product etc.

Wholesale costs are high, need to prepare inventory in advance, and need a lot of capital if the product is of high value

dropshiplite.com- Professional Chinese 1688 dropshipping wholesale agent Skype : live:jqw1992_4
0 Likes