Where can I go to create a product from recycled materials

Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Hi everyone!
My company Stay Coastal is a clothing brand, and we are focused on donated a portion of our purchases to non profits that work to protect the ocean and environment. I would love to have an item or 2 that is actually made out of recylced plastic or other materials to promote our concern for the environment. Wether it be a notebook, or a bag, phone case,  bottle, flip flops, a wallet...Does anyone know where to get a manufacturer to do somtehing like that? Where would I get the resources? Would I go to the local dump and talk to the recycling department to get the materials? I'm obviously still trying to figure out what the item would be, but if anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Marisa

www.staycoastalapparel.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 92

Hi, Marisa!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

You can definitely contact a manufacturer to find out if they make products from recycled materials. There are dropshipping suppliers that you can connect with in the Wholesale & Dropshipping section of our forums that can let you know what products they make and if they use recycled materials. Another option to consider so that you don't have to reinvent the wheel is to partner with companies that already make and sell similar products that you can sell in your store as well.

Both KeepCup and Klean Kanteen have products that are made of biodegradable materials and/or recycled plastic. Perhaps they have an option to add your logo to their products when you purchase wholesale. 

4ocean is an ocean cleanup cause that sells bracelets made of recycled plastic that you can purchase bracelets from Wholesale. 

I hope this information helps!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Ok thank you Jade!
Ill take a look at that dropseller list too. 

0 Likes