Why is wholesale so difficult ??

Highlighted
2 0 0
Can’t seem to find a wholesale app that offers this most basic functionality.

We are looking for a wholesale app that allows a customer to sign up enter their business details, tax ID etc.
then be placed in the queue to be either approved or denied.

Once customer is approved they will have access to new pricing.

I can’t seem to find an app that accomplishes this is most basic function. Is there some kind of block with Shopify’s ability??
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I see that shopify plus offers this But There must be some third-party app that already supports this. Hope someone can help.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/wholesale/channel/customers/account-signup

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 2 5

Hi @Jmbgroup 

We have recently completed a project extremely similar to this.

You can view it here

• Customers must create an account and be approved before seeing pricing
  • Each customer has unique pricing based on your relationships/contracts

You can try to create this functionality yourself using the following:

Otherwise you can reach me any time at matthew@2h.media.

We are a Canadian (Toronto, Ontario) web development and marketing agency.

If you wanted to have a quick phone call 519.835.3009 we could gather some information and provide a quick quote.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Matthew Herchel

2H Media

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2471 129 405

@Jmbgroup wrote:
I can’t seem to find an app that accomplishes this is most basic function. Is there some kind of block with Shopify’s ability??

Shopify is a platform that must inherently be flexible, and not be overly specific to individual businesses processes.

Wholesale on shopify is not difficult, learning the systems ,the proper approach,  just takes time and investment.

If you have a specific business need not met by research or an app and you want to sidestep difficulty then delegate it to an expert.

Here your problem description is just a customer registration form that sets a customer tag such as "pending-approval-Wholesale" until staff changes it to "Wholesale-VIP" or similar. With the theme set up to handle that and possibly backend apps to validate orders or change pricing automatically.

Most pricing|wholesale|bulk apps support a flow like that, and there are automation apps that can too.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Hi Jmbgroup!

I think we might have the solution for you!

We've recently developed a sales channel app called "Wholester", which is designed to be akin to stand alone B2B platforms, but is directly connected to your Shopify store.

Wholester.io

The queue process you mentioned is exactly how the app works. I'll include a few screenshots below outlining the process:

When a customer registers, with your unique registration link, they are automatically placed into the approval queue (unless you have automatic approval enabled).

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.12.55 PM.png

Here is what the registration form looks like:

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.26.59 PM.png

Once registered, you can use the built in messaging system to request additional details before approving their account.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.23.00 PM.png

Once you have approved their account, the customer receives a notification and can start creating orders. You can also apply specific payment terms, wholesale discounts, and tax overrides to their account.

If you are interested in trying this out, feel free to get in touch at support@appsbypix.com.

0 Likes