basic dropshipping advice

Solved
vidkid
Tourist
7 1 1

when someone orders from your store and you are dropshipping from a supplier do the orders go direct to them or do you get them and have to send on to them . 

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @vidkid 

Supplier Drop the Shipping Directly to the Customer.  It is called Dropshipping  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
863 96 154

Hi @vidkid,

Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product.

You can take a look at our ultimate guide to dropshipping here. It will walk you through everything you need to know about starting off, finding suppliers, and maintaining your business. Check out our Dropshipping 101 course on our Academy here, as well as our Intro to Dropshipping

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions about any of that. 

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MelissaContrado
Excursionist
54 1 5

Hi @vidkid!

As the other replies have said, the products go directly from the supplier to your customer. 

I have a few articles here that can help you answer some more questions about dropshipping.

What is Dropshipping and How Does it Work?

Best Selling Products to Dropship

How to Pick a Niche for Dropshipping

I hope this helps, let me know if I can answer anything else!

Melissa from Contrado

Get the Contrado app for Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/contrado-print-on-demand 

0 Likes
TeamSpocket
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi @vidkid.

This is Spencer from Spocket. How are you? 

In a drop-ship model, the supplier will send the products directly to the customer. One of the advantages of this model is that you don't need to keep the inventory of the items that you are selling.  Once you got an order from your store, you simply need to notify your supplier to send it for you. 

Have you tried Spocket? It's a dropshipping app highly rated in the Shopify app store.  We have highly-rated suppliers based in the US, Canada, UK, and other parts of the world. Our platform also makes it easy to import products and check out your order. 

Screenshot_417.png

You can sign up here for a free Spocket account.  For more information on how Spocket works for merchants like you, please check our help center

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team 

0 Likes