large order wholesale shipping issues

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I have a retail and wholesale business, https://autentico-paint-usa.com, both are on the same Shopify website.  The retail side is fine it's the wholesale side that's been a mess.  I use the app Wholesale Hero and offer many different ways to ship and have accounts with all my shippers that offer great discounts to my customers.

When a wholesale customer places a large order that order will be shipped in multiple boxes, neither Shopify nor any of the shipper's apps allow for multiple labels/tracking number for SINGLE ORDER shipments.  And the other issue that's popped up is that I get a better discount thru my shippers than Shopify does but the final cost of shipping defaults to Shopify's discount and not mine!  

I just had a new stockist place a $6000.00 order for paint and related products and had to have them and all my other stockists email me their orders because of this shipping issue so I'm anxious to get this resolved so I can focus on building my brand and selling paint!  Any help would be greatly appreciated and if theirs a Shopify expert who is experienced with this I would love to know who they are :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
46 0 10

Hey Jayne, it sounds like you've got a pretty interesting set up and you're running into a few different issues here. I have a feeling that finding a solution to all of them will likely require a more in depth conversation about what exactly your needs and objectives are but off the top of my head I believe there are solutions out there for you :)

Taking advantage of your negotiated rates for shipping is indeed something that Shopify handles out of the box with the carrier calculated rate functionality. Depending on which shipping companies you're using, it could potentially be as easy as making sure your account has that functionality enabled and then plugging in your customer numbers. If perhaps you're using some less common carriers or require some more customization, it is also possible to provide your own custom rates during checkout to your customers. That process is a bit more in depth, however, and requires some custom programming. That said, it's doable so depending on how vital it is to your business, it could be worth the investment. 

Hopefully that helps a little bit but let me know if I can provide any additional insight. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the additional insight! Now please direct me to where I can get answers to how to get this resolved.  I feel like everything is very vague, lol!  I just need to speak with an expert so I can stop wasting time and money and get this resolved.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
46 0 10

Haha, fair enough Jayne :) If you'd lke please feel free to shoot me an email at conrad@cdevtech.com and I'd be happy to see if we can find some time to discuss your needs a bit more.

To be fair, I think the main reason you're running into a lot of "vagueness" here is that you're looking into some functionality that is generally a bit more complex and more than likely not something that most Shopify stores have the need to dig into. I'd be happy to help though, if I can.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks Conrad, I know I have an unusual situation for sure!  But I figure there has to be a way to get an answer and if Shopify won't work I'll move on to a different platform.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello!

I am the supervisor of development department of “AsiaOptom” company. We buy out and ship the wholesale orders from the domestic market of China for the entrepreneurs all over the world.

In present days our business is highly developed in Russia and being young and ambitious company we want to find partners for the increasing of client base in foreign countries.

Our advantages:

• Competitive shipping cost.
  • Direct collaboration with the Chinese suppliers
  • The wide product catalogue: 100 000 000 items.

If you have clients who buy in bulk from China who need a reliable, verified supplier, so we offer you to recommend us as a reliable and verified supplier of the products from China. And in exchange you will receive N% from the first order of every new client coming by your recommendation.

For discussion of any individual partnership conditions you should contact me.

d.dimakov@asiaoptom.com

+79090985033 for WhatsApp

Dmitry Dimakov

International client manager.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Hi Jayne,

Just wanted to reach out, as I believe our new application might be able to solve many of your pain points.

For an overview of features, check out the homepage: wholester.io

Below is a screenshot of the fulfillment process, which allows multiple tracking urls to be entered:

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 10.52.09 PM.png

It's free to install, so feel free to take it for a spin at wholester.io/install

If you, or anyone else reading this is interested in trying it out, feel free to get in touch at support@appsbypix.com.

0 Likes