my store

timeandmotion_c
Excursionist
54 0 6

I need someone to look at my store.  I have had it for a few monhts, lots of likes but no sales.

Do I need to change anything, or improve on anything ?

Thanks

jcoak
0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2004 153 427

Hey, there. 

Peter here from Shopify Support! 

If you wanted to reply back here with the URL to your store, I'd be happy to review it so I can provide some suggestions on how it can be improved!

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
timeandmotion_c
Excursionist
54 0 6

Thanks Peter, that would be helpful.

Josie Coak

jcoak
0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2004 153 427

Hey, Josie!

Thank you for getting that updated! I've had some time to review the store and will dive into my suggestions below.

For starters, I love the logo you've created. It fits perfectly with your business and is very appealing to the eye. When looking over the rest of your homepage, the first thing I'd suggest is looking into more appropriate color schemes that will make a more welcoming experience. Shopify has a pretty stellar blog post titled "Color of Psychology Marketing" which I think fits perfectly with getting the right colors setup on your page.

Diving into the navigation section next, I'd highly recommend creating a drop-down menu from your "Collections" section and removing the "All Products" option. This will make it easier for your customers to navigate to the desired product area in fewer clicks. Once done, you can then look into adding your "about us" page to your main navigation to so customers can easily find out more about your business. The purpose of these changes is to improve the overall customer experience which will help your conversions. Essentially, the quicker your customer can go from point A to point B the higher probability you'll have of them converting into a sale. 

Next thing I'd suggest looking into is thinking about who your target audience is, and what products would most appeal to them when landing on your homepage. By doing this, you can tweak the homepage to show products that have a higher probability of selling vs the wide variety of products that are currently there. Furthermore, you have "partner products" on the bottom of your page which is essentially advertising other stores that sell similar products. I'd highly suggest removing this as you're trying to entice customers to buy from you and not your competition. 

Moving down the page, we arrive at your footer. This area is a great way to include additional links that may not be as important as the ones you have in your main navigation. Some of these links would include your return, privacy, and terms of service policies. Additionally, your Instagram icon leads to a personal account versus a business page which can hurt your credibility. Touching on credibility, we have a great guide here that helps with ensuring your store appears more credible which will help with conversions in the long run. 

Next thing we'll explore is your products. The first thing that sticks out is your product titles being a bit long vs to the point. This mixed with the generic product descriptions that appear on the product pages can greatly diminish your ability to make a sale as it's not really enticing the customer to buy. For your product titles, I would try to make them short and to the point, while keeping in mind your SEO and how those keywords will impact your SEO strength. After that, you can read over Oberlos blog post on how to write epic product descriptions here to make your products more appealing to your customers. The primary objective here is to tell the customer "why" they want to buy this product. 

From there, I'd also look into removing some of the products you offer as they don't clearly align with the type of business you're currently running. From the business name, it shows that you're hoping to provide products that benefit fitness, however your men's t-shirts specifically don't fully mix in with this product line. A great way to ensuring your products work well together would be by creating a business plan as this will help you tune the products you offer and better understand the audience that you're trying to market to. 

Last but not least, your "About Us" page isn't fully set up. There is some missing content here that can greatly damage the credibility of your website and can turn away customers. For this, I'd recommend reading over our blog post here on how you can write a persuasive "about us" page that will outline your business and its goals. 

I hope this information helps, however, if you do come across any questions feel free to reply back here and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes