shipping from China or elsewhere non-U.S. to US only

Solved
Trailblazer
151 8 31

When a product is shipped from the supplier in China, does the shipping cost cover only to arrival in US, or entirely to the customer's door?

Demonstration:

Headphones ship from Chinabrands ($5.64 E-Post)  -->  Package arrives in US (not yet to customer)  -->  Does remainder of shipping via USPS or another carrier need to be paid to get to customer's door?

If so, how do I set the shipping settings to fully calculate it all at checkout?  Why is this so complicated?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
331 67 106

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Great question! When a product is shipped from the supplier in China, the shipping cost from ePacket covers entirely to the customer's door. If there's duty incurred at the custom, it's the customer's responsibility to pay the duty in order to claim the product.

06_26-93zao-mkso0For more information on how ePacket works, here's a great article: Everything You Need to Know About ePacket Shipping: ePacket Delivery Explained.

The best way to set up the shipping rates for the dropshipping model is through manual shipping settings, typically through priced-based manual rate. Depending on how you want to promote your business, there are a few different shipping strategies: free shipping, single-flat rate, tiered-flat rates, and per-item shipping rates. Here's a helpful document on how to set up each shipping strategy.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 31

Thanks for the informative reply.  I think I'm finally going to be able to open my store!  Do you think it's a good idea to include a free shipping note on the product page before checkout when I offer free shipping (some cases I'm including cost of shipping in the price, some are free shipping by supplier per item)?

0 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 31

What about when shipping is China Post (GD-E) or Yun Express, or any other shipping method from overseas (China and India)?  Do those rates that are shown in the product page cover cost all the way to the customer's door?  It's difficult information to look up via the Oberlo and Chinabrands apps, and Spocket too.  Plus, Chinese New Year is now, and I can't communicate with any representatives.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
331 67 106

Hi, there.

No problem at all. Glad to facilitate your launching process. 

Yes, for the free shipping offer, there're a few places you can promote it on the store. Some merchants like to use the announcement bar reside in the theme; some merchants put the promotion on the product page. This is completely up to you. Smart idea to include the shipping inside your products' prices!

For the China Post (GD-E) and Yun Express shipping methods, or any other shipping method from overseas, they all possess similar traits as the ePacket shipping. The only difference here is regarding the time frame. 

Knowing you're about to launch, don't forget to check out The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist. By going through this checklist before you launch, it'll ensure your launch is as smooth as possible. Wishing you an amazing launch!

Best, 

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes