store address for international dropshiping

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I'm based in Indonesia and starting to run a dropshiping. Now I'm confuse about what should i put on my store address if i'm running a dropshiping where my seller is from various country (mostly from China).

any suggestion please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 24

Hey there!

I'm Daryoush, on the superb Guru team! :)

It really depends on personal preference and what you would like customers to see, however in most cases, it is not important, unless you are using carrier calculated rates - which would not be case with a dropshipping website.

On the other hand, with manual shipping rates, the "Shipping origin" address in "Settings" -> "Shipping" does not affect any of the rates. Even if you are dropshipping, mostly from vendors in China, the admin allows for one shipping address, so you could enter your own address or a PO Box, because this should be the same address customers will use for returning and exchanging products.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we are open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to help!

Cheers,
Daryoush

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi Daryoush, 

so in case i have a return order from customer can i change my address to my supplier address where the order came from? or my customer can only return to my own address?

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Cheers

Charles

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 24

Hey Charles!

Since each product is from a different supplier, it may not be a good idea to add your supplier's address, unless it's the same for all products in the store.

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi

I know this post have been posted long time ago however i still also have the same question. So basically i live outside usa but intend to sale within usa, the suppliers may located in China or Usa. if i use an address outside usa i think it will act as a threshold for usa buyers to buy from me so my question is what alternative do i have? Is the shipping address required to be visible on the website? The 2nd question is let's say i use my home address which as i mentioned outside usa and a customer wish to return a product will i be able to let know the customer where to ship the product since obviously i do not want him to ship the products to my country.

Thank you in advance.

Panayiotis

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

what if i dont want to fill in my address and how will shopify use my address i dont want people turning up to my house 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 49

Hello, Panayiotis and Daniel.

You are not required by Shopify to display your address, or reveal your real address anywhere on your storefront - the decision is entirely up to you. If you're concerned about your privacy it may be worthwhile to rent a post office box or similar service as a business mailbox to accept any returns and to use as your return address. International returns can be a little trickier, but your suppliers can let you know their preferred method for handling returns on their end.

The address as it is entered in Settings > Shipping of your store is not displayed on the storefront, it's only used for shipping calculations and as a return address on shipping labels you purchase through the Shopify admin, but this is not a concern if you are dropshipping as your suppliers will take care of shipping the product to customers. 

It's also worth noting that if you use the store Privacy and Refund Policy templates offered by Shopify to read through and ensure that if you include your address for returns that it is your business address you prefer your customers to see. 

For more on these settings please visit the help guide here or get in touch with our 24/7 Support Team to discuss your store settings.

Kind Regards,

Leon 

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Leon I read your reply to the post but I still have a question. Does my physical address need to be displayed at the end of the check out page when the customer received a confirmation? I understand that my address does not need to be displayed at the storefront but is it required to be displayed at the very end on the confirmation page? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 49

Hey, Jesus. 

No, your address is not required by Shopify to be displayed at the end of the checkout page for customer confirmation, or the storefront. I mentioned above that if you're using the Privacy/ Refund/ Terms of use Policy generator/ templates which are available in the Shopify admin to read through those after to ensure that your address hasn't been generated anywhere within those policies. 

Cheers, 

Leon

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Leo thank you so much I had a hard time getting it right but you clarified it for me. Thank you so much !!! 

1 Like