why am I not making any sales?

Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4

Hi guys, Carl here. Ive recently opened my Shopify store (3 weeks give or take) and I'm getting traffic but not making ANY sales. Ive started marketing on facebook and instagram about a week ago and got loads of likes and interactions and getting between 100 and 250 visitors a day, I've spent 110 pounds on ads. my bounce rate is around 80%. my store is at lasladdies.com, I sell baby and toddler clothing. could you guys please have a look and give me some advice? any tips would be most appreciated 

Thanks heaps in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
223 9 27

Hey Carl,

Welcome to Shopify!

Making the first sale is always hard. People should trust your brand before making a purchase.

The best advice I can give you is to try and offer cheap products at the beginning, which are more likely to be bought by users.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @carlschmidt,

There are 2 main reasons for the delay in the arrival of orders.

1. Your products are not their wanted ones, not enough to attract visitors. 

You can sell some winning dropshipping products. 

What to Sell Online: 8 Unique Dropshipping Products for 2020

ShopMaster's Hot Dropshipping Products Recommend

2. Your prices may be a little higher for them. 

You can do some promotions. Offering discounts can be a powerful marketing strategy for your Shopify store. Learn how to create a discount on Shopify here

Hope you get your first sale soon!

❤️ ShopMaster.com - FREE dropshipping solutions
✔️ Import products | Pirce and Inventory Monitor | Auto-order | Auto Fulfillment
☕ Official dropshipping partner of AliExpress, Banggood, CJDropshipping, and Chianbrands
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @carlschmidt 

Can you please share the product link of which you got likes and interactions?  So that we can check and give some suggestions. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

1. Maybe you're selling common items that can be found at your local store, for cheaper prices, and without waiting for shipping?

2. Maybe the product description is not good?

3. In some descriptions you have - Brand: "aliexpress shop name", and when people search that brand, then the first result is aliexpress. (don't know if people check in google what brand it is, but maybe they do)

4. Maybe people have spent money on Christmas gifts and next shopping will happen later in January?

5. Your domain is "lasladdies", but everywhere in your shop appears name "ladlassies", don't know if that affects sales, but for me, it seems weird. (maybe it's some english word play I don't understand =)

p.s. I'm not an expert, just my thoughts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4

Yes, it's not great having a different domain name. You guys know how to change it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @carlschmidt   

Thanks for the links.  You didn't edit the Aliexpress description.  People when seeing it they find that you are dropshipping from Aliexpress. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4

Yeah, idiot move (facepalm emoji here). My morning has been spent updating all my items. thanks heaps man, appreciate it.