1099 is incorrect and needs updated

skyeburton
1 0 0

Hello, 

By mistake one of our employees who helped set up our store is listed on our 1099's. The IRS is reaching out to them and needs to receive corrected 1099's in the companies name and $0.00 1099's in the employees' name to clear up the tax issues they are experiencing. We have been emailing 1099 support and regular support with no response for weeks.  The employee has had to request an extension due to lack of response and they will not grant another extension. If someone could help us get in touch with the appropriate team to correct this quickly it would be greatly appreciated.  Support Ticket number - 21177036

Replies 11 (11)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

Hi, @skyeburton.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I appreciate you sharing your ticket number, and I understand the urgency in getting the 1099K information updated on your account. Ticket 21177036 is with the our Tax Support team for review. The team is handling a high volume of requests and working diligently to respond as quickly as possible. While I cannot guarantee a timeframe for the response, you will be assisted on that ticket. No further action is required from you at this time, so I encourage you to watch out for a reply on ticket 21177036.

If you have questions about anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team here in the Community or through the Shopify Help Center.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hellotbun
1 0 0

Hello!

Just wondering if you got a response from taxes to help with your 1099 yet. I also have a ticket open to update info on my 1099s since Dec 29, 2020 and no one from taxes has reached out to me. Shopify support kept saying usually within 3-5 business days.

Thanks!

maliaefferding
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes me too . Shopify is giving me runaround since December and it has yet to be done.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

Hi, @hellotbun & @maliaefferding!

Sophia here from Shopify.

I appreciate your patience while you wait for a response from our Tax Support team. As mentioned above in this thread, we cannot guarantee a timeframe for response due to a high volume of requests. However, I understand how urgent these matters can be. If you have a ticket number you haven't yet received a reply on, please share it with me here so I can verify that it is open and assigned to the correct team for review. Thank you.

maliaefferding
Tourist
4 0 1

Ticket 21432882. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

@maliaefferding wrote:

Ticket 21432882. 

Thank you, @maliaefferding! I can confirm that your ticket is with the Tax Support team for review and that they will be following up with you via email as soon as they're able to.

Jonathan_Leung
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Having the same problem. Need an amended 1099-K and not receiving a response from support. My accountant really needs it ASAP to file corporate taxes.

Ticket 22043951

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

Hello, @Jonathan_Leung!

Thank you for sharing your ticket number with me here. I can confirm that your ticket is with the Tax Support team and you will be receiving a response via email as soon as they've had a chance to review your request. The team is handling a high volume of emails and working hard to follow up with each of them as quickly as possible, though we cannot provide a timeframe for response.

There's no further action required from you at this time. You will receive a reply via email on ticket 22043951. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If there's anything else you need help with in the meantime, our Support team is here for you 24/7.

Sipsy
2 0 0

This is a joke. I have been waiting since April for my corrected 1099 and I keep getting the runaround. I have sent several follow up emails without a response. Under ticket number 23217846.