How can I activate payments for my online business?

AbbeyS
Visitor
3 0 0

I have made some sales, but I cannot activate payments to me. I have tried to contact support multiple times but I'm not getting any response, I need this money to purchase more products. At the moment my business is failing before I can even get it off the ground. Can someone please help me? I'm desperate.

Replies 4 (4)

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi there @AbbeyS. I'm happy to look into this with you! I completely understand why you'd want to get this working as soon as possible.

Can you tell me which payment gateway you are using to accept payments? This will change where you receive your payments. Are you using Shopify Payments? If so, have you received any emails or notifications in your Shopify account about your payouts?

If you need more immediate help I would recommend contacting support using our live chat. This will ensure you get a response and help right away. You can contact them by using this page here and following the steps below.

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Type in keywords for your issue in the search field and click Search.
  3. You will then notice common questions and help guides related to your issue. Under that you will see the option to Get support. Click Continue.
  4. Then you will see the options to chat with us, email us, or request a callback.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AbbeyS
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi Erin,

Thank you for your response, this issue has been keeping me awake at night.
I am using shopify payments, that is the issue (I am using Paypal also but
that is working fine)

I have also tried the live chat and it isn't working, I have used it once
before and it was great but now it won't work for me at all.

Please please help me activate my payments through shopify.

Thank you

Abbey
AbbeyS
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm not receiving any emails regarding payments - all of my payments in Shopify say pending and it has been this way for 3 months despite numerous attempts to contact support to get this sorted. Live chat is NOT working! and when I email support I get an auto-response to say that I need to use live chat. All info on the help page tells me I need to respond to the email Shopify sent me to activate the account - I HAVENT RECEIVED AN EMAIL! 

Tonight I get an email from Shopify to say that you are taking your payment out... it's okay for you to get your payments but I cannot get mine.

Thanks for ruining a small business trying to start something to support their family.

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi @AbbeyS. I completely understand why you would like this to get resolved as soon as possible and I'm here to help.

Typically for any issues with your Shopify Payments we will notify you using a banner on the home page of your Shopify Admin. We may also send an email to the Account Owner email address (the email address listed under Settings > Users and permissions > Store owner). I would recommend double checking your Shopify Admin for a banner and your email spam/junk folders for any emails from us with more context. If you still can't find more context on this in any notifications from us, the next best step is to speak with a Support Advisor since they can review your account.

We'll want to make sure you can access the live chat so that you can get the help you need. Can you tell me what you mean when you say the live chat is not working? Are you having trouble accessing the chat? Or do you mean that you've spoken to someone and the issue is not resolved? Are you seeing any error messages while trying to use the chat?

I'm looking forward to your reply!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog