Been waiting over 4 MONTHS to hear from Tax Team

CindyFL
Tourist
6 0 2

Since emails have not gotten me anywhere, perhaps this will. In JUNE I contacted support about needing to correct our legal business name and EIN to match IRS records. They told us our request (Ticket 24699892) had been sent to the Tax Team. It’s been over four months, no response. We need this taken care of - it is t even that difficult- just need to know where we can send the W-9 form and receive confirmation of changes. Please, can someone give me advice on how to get through to someone on the Tax Team who can help?

Replies 5 (5)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @CindyFL 

I completely understand how annoying this is. Waiting is never fun!

I reached out to the tax team to find out more and I can confirm that your ticket has been sent to the Merchant Tax Support team, which is the right team for this request, and it is in line to be reviewed. The team is working through a large number of requests and their wait times are longer than normal, but they have assured me they will get to it as soon as possible.

Hopefully they'll be in touch with you soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

CindyFL
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks for checking on this. I'm about at my wits end so hopefully I'll have a response soon - FOUR months is a long time to be "in line". I'll give them a bit longer to contact me but if I don't get help soon, I'll have to move to another platform. I just can't risk a mess with the IRS.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

I completely get it @CindyFL.

If they haven't been in touch in the next while, please let me know in the thread here and I can take another look! I know they will be in touch as you've stated you were speaking to someone on our support team already. 

CindyFL
Tourist
6 0 2

@Nick 

Still haven't heard from the Tax Team. Now I'm to the five month mark of waiting. Don't tell me how "backed up" they are...in five months time, I should be able to help with this. What do I have to do to get help with this? Can my request be forwarded to a supervisor on the Tax Team? Should I start tagging Shopify on social media to get someone to pay attention? I'm grasping at straws here and appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @CindyFL,

I completely understand it's frustrating that you haven't heard back from the tax team yet, but I can assure you they are aware of your ticket and will be in touch with you!