Billing Cycle and Closing Store

Shop1fyTerrible
Visitor
2 0 0

If I close a store... why doesn't it close when my agreement (already paid) ends like every other product in the world. Like either u have to refund OR u have to keep the store open until the end of the paid service... what you are doing is illegal. Doesnt matter what your 'terms' say. Either refund me the % of unused month, or open the store until the end of the pay period. If not I will open a complaint and have the charge completely reversed. You are REALLY starting to look like a SCAM shopify... 

Replies 3 (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Hi there, @Shop1fyTerrible

Are you able to expound more on what you are experiencing on your end regarding this store closure? I am very motivated to assist you regarding this billing matter. 

While I wait for more information, when it comes to closing your store and getting refunded, as long as the bill paid is no less than 30 days old and you decide to cancel your account, we will refund you the entire last payment. I hope this clears up any confusion that you may have. 

For such a refund, you will need to reach out to our live support team as they are the ones who can look at your invoices and authorize such refunds. I recommend having your store closed already when you reach out to them for a smoother process. Here's a help document that walks you regarding this closure. 

More importantly, since you are leaving the platform, any information that you can provide about your experience will be much appreciated. We are always trying to gather firsthand merchant feedback to ensure we are always improving how we do things on the platform. 

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors and I look forward to hearing back from you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Shop1fyTerrible
Visitor
2 0 0

I shouldnt have to do anything. You're an e-commerce company (supposedly the biggest and most advanced) this should be automated. But if you wanted to scam some extra money you would make us dance to get money back... again. Sign of a scam. 2nd. The "live support team" isn't an option anywhere. again you hide it to prevent us from getting our money back. I will be making a claim trhough paypal as there is NO way for me to get a refund without taking extreme steps and potentially even having to reactivate account. Scam warning 3. Clowns.

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

I have outlined below how to reach our live queues once you click on this link

1. Log in using the account owner credentials as this is the only account that can request to make such changes. 20-42-61669-80401
  2.  Choose the store you are inquiring about. 20-44-94184-31642

3. Type in the search bar your topic, "close store" for example. Scroll all the way down and click on Continue20-45-79909-88527

4. You will be presented with all the live queues available and a live support agent will be able to assist you in whatever it is you want to do with regards to your store.  20-47-54994-48699

Let me know how this works out for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.