What is the best tool for automating Shopify transactions into QBO?

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

If anyone is looking for a way to automate and summarize Shopify transactions into QBO, Bookkeep.com (I am not affiliated or employed by them. This is voluntary on my part) has been quite useful for me. We have many locations in our Shopify store and do a large volume transactions. They add daily summaries of the sales/COGS by location and they calculate and enter the expected payments which are then matched against bank deposits. This also includes entries for merchant fees and sales tax which has been very useful. If you are summarizing and want to automate, I recommend them.

Replies 4 (4)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hey, @KP_Enterprises!

I'm so glad to hear you've found a solution that's working well for your business. Is it the QuickBooks Daily Summary Sync app that you have installed on your store?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

No it is not the daily summary sync. Shopify support is far from encouraging.

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
15 0 14

Which plan are you using with Bookkeep.com, and how does it handle 'Draft Orders' that don't show up by Channel?  Also curious how it handles the 'partial refunds' with 'Unknown' transaction type.  One of our Shopify stores includes 3 locations and On-Line Sales as different sales channels, so we end up having to 'manually' identify and separate the On-Line Sales by Location to record them in QBO.

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

We are on Enterprise plan because we have so many locations. Draft orders show up for us in the Other location which is synced through Bookkeep. Partial refunds and unknown transactions are still be identified. Currently those book on a separate line of the JE with a memo.  Bookkeep has been pretty good to work with once I could show them the obvious differences in their posts and Shopify reports. They did a deep dive and made some corrections and became much more accurate. We are still having a few issues with returns and with Route orders. Unfortunately many of these issues are because of the way the orders are entered and are not identifiable in the data. In short Bookkeep isn't 100% accurate but they are more accurate than we were with manual entries.