Solved

Can international sellers without physical presence in USA open a Shopify seller account?

lucseawalker
Visitor
2 1 0

I am an European living in SE Asia and my company is incorporated in HK. I wish to sell in the US via Shopify without having to create a US business ... I can send products to a US warehouse that services many companies ... Can i open a Shopify acct and start a Shopify store?

Tnx for any info on how to do it.

Accepted Solution (1)
lucseawalker
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

OK thanks for that ... looks then that it is not possible to sell on Shoppify with a US tax number ... and filling US taxes ..

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

I can't comment on the legal aspect of US business registration/operation. But in general, you can open a Shopify store with a US address. The issue you might face is setting up Shopify Payments as it will require US corporation documents.

Partial answer provided by Shopify staff in similar topic

The payment gateway that you can use on your store is determined by where your store is based out of, and not where your customers are located. At this time,Shopify Paymentsis not available in Morocco. However, if your store has an operational presence in the United States you might be eligible to use Shopify Payments even while you are currently living abroad. In this case, only an EIN is required for a business that is registered as a Corporation or LLC. A SSN is mandatory for businesses under Sole Proprietorship. 
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Receiving-payments-when-you-re-outside-the-US/td-...

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
lucseawalker
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

OK thanks for that ... looks then that it is not possible to sell on Shoppify with a US tax number ... and filling US taxes ..

fabmol1
Excursionist
31 0 9

Are there any solutions to this? (Apart from paid ads or setting up an LLC in the USA?)

shivamnew
Shopify Partner
40 0 3

We from india and in india there are lot of features not enabled by shopify.

We want to start a new shopify US account with theme in built currency converter and langauge converter .also wish to ship worldwide using shopify markets and shopify payements.

what docs needed for these ,please guide us we can start the US documentation process.