Change my Name and EIN number, Help please.

Solved
Kipper659
1 0 0

I have emailed your help page on January 28th and you gave me a ticket number and said someone would be contacting me. I just received my 1099 from you and nothing has been changed. I'm in panic mode, please tell me what I need to do.

Pat Kipp

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Trevor
Community Moderator
3081 401 629

This is an accepted solution.

@Kipper659 

I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay in getting your information updated. I know our Tax team has been backed logged; however, I don't believe there is that large of a delay in hearing back. I would recommend reaching out to our support to learn the current status is of your ticket so we can get this resolved for you. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3081 401 629

This is an accepted solution.

@Kipper659 

I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay in getting your information updated. I know our Tax team has been backed logged; however, I don't believe there is that large of a delay in hearing back. I would recommend reaching out to our support to learn the current status is of your ticket so we can get this resolved for you. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

park-studio
Tourist
5 0 3

Hey Pat did you ever get this resolved? I have been in a similar situation and I have been waiting for a response from the tax team since March 10th which is now 10 weeks ago. If they were able to help please let me know how you were able to finally get it sorted out. If anyone from Shopify reads this please know that this is a huge issue that a lot of your clients are faced with and the lack of help from Shopify is really an issue. 

-Ben

Trevor
Community Moderator
3081 401 629

@park-studio 

I'm sorry to hear that you've not heard back from our Tax team and appreciate that you're bringing this to our awareness. I do know that our Tax team is handling a high volume of tickets which are being handled in chronological order. At this time, we are not able to provide an ETA on when your ticket will be updated; however, you will be the first to know once your ticket has been reviewed. 

Bill29
Tourist
11 0 0

Hey  @park-studio and @Kipper659 ,

Do either of you ever get this resolved by the tax team? How long did it take? Did you do anything else to get a response? I'm in a similar position.

Thanks!

park-studio
Tourist
5 0 3

Yes I did but it took a long time. I believe I ended up calling and speaking to someone on the phone and they "escalated" my issue up the food chain. my ticked had been escalated a few times by that point but that seemed to have been the one that finally got me in front of the tax team. I got an email from the tax team asking me to fill out a new tax form. Once I filled that out and sent it back everything was buttoned up and taken care of. Shopify needs more help in the tax dept. Once they were able to focus on my ticket it got handled immediately but the fact that it took months for that to happen is an issue. 

I would call and speak to a human and ask for the ticket to be escalated.

Good luck!