Deactivate my account and remove my payment information

Solved

Deactivate my account and remove my payment information

Khalidsemary
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear Shopify team, 

I have been trying to deactivate my account for a while with no success. 

Before I can request the deactivation, I have been asked to enter my password which is what I did, and for some reason, it appears to be wrong - I reset my password and still can't get through. 

I'm trying to remove the account before reaching the next billing cycle, so can you please support me with this?

Thank you,
Khalid
Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1382 322 238

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Khalidsemary!

Have you been setting the same password every time you've attempted to reset it? If so, this would be the reason why it's not working. When resetting a password, a different password must be used as using the same password will cause a password error and will not authenticate you. Please try to reset your password to a different one to resolve the issue and deactivate your store.

As for the payment method removal, it's no longer necessary to do this once you're able to successfully close your account. You can rest assured that no fees will be charged to your payment method.

If the password still doesn't work after resetting it to a different one and you're unable to close your account, please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and create a support ticket so we can help you further.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1382 322 238

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Khalidsemary!

Have you been setting the same password every time you've attempted to reset it? If so, this would be the reason why it's not working. When resetting a password, a different password must be used as using the same password will cause a password error and will not authenticate you. Please try to reset your password to a different one to resolve the issue and deactivate your store.

As for the payment method removal, it's no longer necessary to do this once you're able to successfully close your account. You can rest assured that no fees will be charged to your payment method.

If the password still doesn't work after resetting it to a different one and you're unable to close your account, please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and create a support ticket so we can help you further.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog