Does a Canadian business need to charge US sales tax for online supplements?

2 0 0



I operate a business in Canada (registered Canadian business) via a website selling supplement products. The products were all manufactured in the US and will be sold/fulfilled in the US. I'm classified as a non-resident alien. 


My question is, do I charge sales tax on the product based on the above? If so, how do i do that without an EIN and/or Sales Tax Code? 


I'm not familiar with the CAD / US treaty, and I'm not all too familiar with the whole 'tax withholding' thing, so any help will be much appreciated. 


I just need to know what's the simplest way to go about this as my hope is that I pay taxes once and in Canada. Do i have to set up a US LLC or C Corp? 


Please help!

Thank you!

Replies 0 (0)