EIN update?

Solved
luxebyalexis
1 0 0

I recently applied for my EIN and I wanted to update it on my business account. How can I go about doing this? Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 32

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @eatvegedible!

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that you would like to have this resolved as soon as possible to prevent any issues with your Shopify Payments account. To get a better understanding of the problem, we need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thank you!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 32

Hi @luxebyalexis,

Finley from Shopify here! Thanks for posting your question.

To clarify, is this for your Shopify Payments account? If you're using a third-party payment provider, you'll need to reach out to them for support.

Otherwise, updating your EIN and business tax information for your Shopify Payments account is something that will need to be actioned by our billing team.

To get this process started, I've sent an email to your Shopify Community email address. Please respond with your .myshopify.com URL and from there we can send this request to our billing team.

Once our team receives your request, they'll be back in touch to gather any information we need to update these details.

Cheers!

eatvegedible
1 0 0

Hello! 
I am also looking for help with my business EIN. I keep getting an email saying the information does not match up and my payments will be deactivated in a couple days if I don’t fix it. Please help! 

Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 32

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @eatvegedible!

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that you would like to have this resolved as soon as possible to prevent any issues with your Shopify Payments account. To get a better understanding of the problem, we need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thank you!

unofficialswim
Tourist
7 0 1

I also need to update my EIN!

I actually need to do two things:

1. get someone to update my 1099k ( I have been trying to get this fix for over 3 months now and no one seems to help me) It has my SSN instead of my EIN and my old address. 

2. I moved during the pandemic and had to open a new EIN so I need to get that one up in my store so next year when I do my taxes I don't have the same issue Im having this year where my 1099k has the wrong information. 

Can someone help me? I'm really frustrated! I have been trying to get help since May 13