FROM CACHE - en_header

estimated tax unwanted

cigargod
6 0 0

Hello. Im trying to get rid of estimated tax for people that are using my website that are outside of Massachusetts but it seems to pop up and times and pop up at others. It seems impossible to solve this. Here is a thread for someone that had the exact same issue it seems like. I am losing customers who think they may need to pay a tax when in reality when they enter their shipping information, that tax goes away, however I am losing customers before they even attempt that step.

https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/checkout-state-autofill/td-p/579166

Please help!!!

Replies 4 (4)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1679 204 372

Hey, @cigargod 

Happy to help out. Would you care to explain a bit further what exactly you're customers are seeing on their end? Any screenshots would be helpful.

With that said, by the sounds of it you want to make it more apparent to non MA customers that there aren't taxes. One thing you could do is actually change the 'Estimated Taxes' label to something different. Such as "Estimated Taxes (MA only):" so customers are aware.

This can be done from your Admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages. From there you can use the search bar to search for the estimated taxes fields and replace them to your liking.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cigargod
6 0 0
Hello Dirk,

Thanks for that information. I was actually able to use your tip and I had successfully entered this instead of estimated taxes and it was working fine, however now it seems to have reverted back to taxes(estimated) even though the language says "*TAX DISCLAIMER: If you are shipping outside of Massachusetts, tax will be removed on next page.”

Here is a picture of what it looked like before.

Now it looks like this again. Any tips?

cigargod
6 0 0

In addition to my last message, i noticed at checkout where it says "information" at the top, it still says taxes (estimated) then when you move onto shipping, my disclaimer works. However, this is too late, I need it to say this at the information section. 

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1679 204 372

Hey, @cigargod 

In your above reply, you mention you shared a photo but I'm not seeing it. Could you reshare that, please?

Also, if you head back into the 'edit languages' page and search "tax" in that field, you will see all of the various instances of that verbiage occurring throughout your store. From there, you can make the additional tweaks of replacing them to your liking. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog