Help! Taxes aren't being added at checkout.

mmarsden
2 0 0

Hi!

I just recently noticed that taxes aren't being added at check out. I have gone through every single product in my inventory and made sure that the "charge tax on this product" box was checked. 

When testing this. I added a product to my cart and it says that taxes and shipping will be calculated at checkout, but it is only calculating and adding shipping to the total price, not taxes. 

I also have non-physical products to sell, like offers to use after to COVID-19 lockdown, and when checking out on my website it doesn't add tax to those either even though I made sure that I checked off to add tax to the product. 

PLEASE HELP. This will turn into a serious problem for my business.

0 Likes
Bitfresh
Shopify Partner
56 10 12

Hi mmarsden,

The standard settings in Shopify are that taxes are calculated in the product price. You can manage tax calculations by navigating to your settings > taxes.

Hope this helps you!

0 Likes
Organiteck
1 0 0

We already set up the taxes (for all states in our case) . I think the person who posted the original question did as well.  The problem is that when someone checks out its not calculating and adding the taxes. 

0 Likes
clayhill
2 0 0

Have you found an answer for this? I am having the same problem. 

0 Likes
clayhill
2 0 0

Where you able to find the solution for this? I am having a similar issue. 

0 Likes
claudiachaouka
1 0 0

I'm also waiting for a response

0 Likes
ESSuperCo
Shopify Partner
30 0 5

Hi,

Taxes will be calculated if you have Physical nexus on the state decided to collect tax. Which means you must add the location for each state if you want to collect tax for each state but with Shopify you can only add maximum of 8 locations base on their plans. 

Also you might want to consider checking with a tax expert before collecting tax to all state as this seems incorrect unless you really have a physical or economical nexus on all states? To set up all the location for all state you need to contact Shopify and change plan to their premium Plus Plan. This plan will give you more power with the location settings.

I hope this helps, if you can also share your URL and a screenshot of your Location settings  we can conduct test orders and diagnose better where the issue is coming from. 

For any future concerns you can also contact us https://bit.ly/36CgHKQ.

On-Demand Shopify Design, Development & Administration
Superco delivers agency quality for less than a freelancer. No agency retainers, no minimums, no management, just high-quality work, delivered on-time and on-budget.
ESSuperco | superco.io
0 Likes