Solved

How do I retrieve tax info for a closed account?

Kristintin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I am undergoing a tax audit and I need access to all the stores I have opened in my name in 2019 and 2020. I just have the list of open stores but I don't have access to emails or passwords. Someone can help me ?

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kristintin,

Thanks so much for your question. 

In order to access your closed stores, I recommend that you reach out to our support team via our Help Center - from this first page you can choose "Continue without logging in" if you do not recall your password(s). Once we've managed to authenticate you as the account owner, we should be able to grant you temporary access to those stores to retrieve any data you'll need to file your taxes.

A couple of key things to keep in mind:

• If any accounts have outstanding invoices, you will need to pay that bill in order to regain access to your admin. 
  • Any request to access a closed store will need to come from the account owner email address on file. Since it sounds as though you do not have access to one or more of these email addresses, our support team will clarify next steps to help you update that email address and fulfill the request. 

Please let me know if you run into any questions or challenges! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kristintin,

Thanks so much for your question. 

In order to access your closed stores, I recommend that you reach out to our support team via our Help Center - from this first page you can choose "Continue without logging in" if you do not recall your password(s). Once we've managed to authenticate you as the account owner, we should be able to grant you temporary access to those stores to retrieve any data you'll need to file your taxes.

A couple of key things to keep in mind:

• If any accounts have outstanding invoices, you will need to pay that bill in order to regain access to your admin. 
  • Any request to access a closed store will need to come from the account owner email address on file. Since it sounds as though you do not have access to one or more of these email addresses, our support team will clarify next steps to help you update that email address and fulfill the request. 

Please let me know if you run into any questions or challenges! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog