how to find out of state sales report ?

Bryndon
Visitor
1 0 1

Does anyone know how to find a report for out of state sales in Shopify?

I only have a lite plan for my needs so 'Im not sure if its a plan issue or if I don't know how to find it, or it doesn't exist. 

All my orders come in through Shopify and I need to report my out of state sales to Dept. of tax and fee. 

Thank you for any help.

Replies 5 (5)

RBetterReports
10 0 0

Hi @Bryndon,

Rishika here from Better Reports.

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

We can show sales metrics by customer, shipping or billing state. It is also possible to add a filter to exclude the data for a specific state, to show out-of-state sales in the report.  

While we have over 60 built-in reports, it is also possible to create custom reports based on your business requirements.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of Better Reports support team.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hi @Bryndon,

This is John from Report Pundit app.

We can create a report to show sales, tax, and other information that is out of a particular state.

You can use the filter function to filter shipping states to list all out-of-state sales and taxes.

Report Pundit has more than 80 pre-created reports. You can generate a report in few clicks

Our live customer support team can create business-specific custom reports.

Find the sample report from our test shop for your reference.
Sales by state report..gif

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

taleaftertail
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi! 

I don't know if this will help, but this is how I was able to pull the report and numbers for my out of state sales. 

I went to Orders and selected the dates I wanted to pull. For example, I wanted to pull 2nd quarter so 4/1/21 - 6/30/21. 

Then I exported the data with the filters I had selected. 

With the CSV file, I was able to filter my sheet to not show my state so that it would only show the out of states sales and numbers.

Hope that helps & is what you're looking for! 

Dеnis
Shopify Partner
36 0 2

Hey, @Bryndon 

It is possible to exclude the State using  Advanced Reports app:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]
Socials: [ Facebook | Twitter | Blog ]

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Hey, everyone! 

We’re following up on this thread as it mentions the Shopify Lite plan. 

We’d like to announce that as of June 22nd, 2022, we have launched the Shopify Starter Plan! The Starter Plan will be $5 per month and will be replacing the Shopify Lite plan ($9/month). 

The Starter Plan includes everything merchants need to build social-first businesses, on their phone. The plan allows merchants to create product pages that are easily shareable across social and messaging apps, powered by Shopify checkout, payment, order, and analytics features. 

You can learn more about the Shopify Starter Plan here

Disclaimer: Due to the age of this thread, we will be locking the thread for new replies. Please create a new thread under the Shopify Discussions board for questions relating to the Starter plan.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog