I'm located in Nevada, USA. How do I add taxes at checkout

Sduran21
Visitor
1 0 0

I want to have taxes added to the product cost at check out not be included in my price per product. How to I do this? I just updated the tax with my sales id. Not sure where to go with this if this is even possible.

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Sduran21!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to see that you're working on setting up your taxes. I'm also glad to see that you already have a sales ID. You can actually add your sales ID in Shopify, over in Settings > Taxes. There, you'll also be prompted to select Nevada as the state you're registered in, meaning that taxes will be automatically calculated for customers based on Nevada's current sales tax laws. We have instructions that will walk you through the process of setting up your tax settings here.

Once that's done, you'll see an option to Start collecting taxes. With this option selected, your customers will start seeing taxes added to their total cost once they reach the online checkout, which is exactly what you're looking for. Best of all, these tax rates will be automatically calculated based on Nevada tax laws, so there's no need to worry about setting up specific tax rates. 

Following the guide shared above, you should have no issues setting this up as the steps are fairly straight-forward. That being said, let me know if you run into any issues and I'd be happy to offer further assistance. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog