Is Shopify's financial reporting sufficient for French accountants?

kostaskostas
12 0 0

I will be dropshipping baseed on france. are the invoices send by shopify legit, or should i have another, approved method of invoicing by the state.

also, is the financial  reporting (of revenue and expenses) from shopify enough(official-legit) to give to my french accountant in order for him to do book keeping and tax-vat returns and ensure that everything is legit?

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2536 232 539

Hi @kostaskostas,

This is not something we can answer confidently as all tax reporting to your local authority is to be done by the merchant. If you have an accountant or tax expert that you work with, I'd recommend speaking with them about what information you need when filing your taxes. Shopify's reporting will detail your sales data over a specific time, and if you're using Shopify Payments your payout data will also be available. You can read more about managing your taxes in the European Union over on the Shopify Help Center.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kostaskostas
12 0 0

if i have activated stripe, do o still have to activate shopify payments?

with stripe, will i be able to have detailed reporting of my sales? I also use spoket to source products and I am able to have the reciept and invoice both from supplier send to me and the customer with the retail price as well.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2536 232 539

Hi @kostaskostas,

You cannot use both Stripe or Shopify Payments, so it will be one or the other. If you have activated Stripe on your store then that is what you will use for credit card payment processing.

I can't comment on what Stripe offers in terms of reporting but all of your transactions should be viewable within your Stripe account. It's best to speak to their support team about this to find out more. Your transactions paid for via Spocket should be viewable within their app, whereas the sales you make to customers will be viewable within the Orders section of the Shopify admin.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog