Need to Updated 1099k- No one seems to want to help me

unofficialswim
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi

I have contacted multiple times the support team to get the tax team to updated my 1099k information (since it has my personal information instead of my LLC information) and I haven't had any luck. My first call was May 13, (2 1/2 moth ago) and every time I call they say there is a ticket but the Tax Team is really busy. I feel I have been extremely patient but at this point, I'm truly disappointed that no one has reached out to resolve this. 

On my last call I explained that I had to do a Tax Extension for my business to avoid getting any penalty from the IRS and I mentioned that I needed to submit them by August to avoid any further penalty. The support team mentioned talking to an accountant, which I did and he said I could submit the information how it is but I could get a fine or a penalty if it's not correct. 

I understand if I was calling 1-2 weeks before my deadline, but 2 1/2 months with no response from the Tax Team to resolve this issue is really frustrating. 

Can someone please truly help me with this issue? Or I there a way I can update that information myself? 

Thank you 

Replies 9 (9)
jzhangblue
3 0 0

I have almost the same issue with you, just I have been trying to contact customer support since January for three times. It's not being handled yet. To change a 1099k for the pas year, I understand it might be difficult since it's has already been reported to IRS. What I want to change is for the current year so by the end of the year they will have a correct 1099k. But even that I have been waiting for 8 months and nobody helps.

Khyber
Tourist
3 0 1

Our business has this same issue as well. Updating the 1099-k form. I’ve had a ticket since March with zero updates. Definitely frustrating. 

KD23
3 0 0

Yes, I have the same issue and no one helped me. I set up my store with personal tax information, and now I want to update the legal information in Shopify payment to LLC. I have been in contact with the shopify support team since July. It's 2 months now, and my ticket is still pending... I'm really disappointed about it.

Bill29
Tourist
11 0 0

Hey @KD23@unofficialswim , @Khyber@jzhangblue,

Did any of you get this resolved with the tax team? I'm in a similar situation, and am looking for advice from someone who has successfully talked to the tax team.

Thanks!

Khyber
Tourist
3 0 1

It took 8 months until we heard back from the tax team and our matter was resolved. I would suggest making a post similar to ours. It seemed after I made this post we got help instantly. It was deeply frustrating, but they will eventually get to you. I remember calling twice a month to just hear, "the tax team will reach out." 

Shopify needs to fix its system. 

unofficialswim
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi! 

Not yet It has been almost 7 months and I still get the same answer. "The tax team will get back to you" I had to file my taxes with old information since I didn't want to keep pushing back the due date.  But I still need my new EIN number updated for this year so I don't have the same issue when taxes are due again. 

I can't understand how they don't have a space for it under Settings, like paypal. Where you can submit new changes under settings. 

You would think that with all the money we pay in fees and monthly plan charges someone would be able to help you quickly. Really frustrating.

Instead of having someone email me every day about Shopify Plus, why can't they get someone from the tax team to help me out. Maybe if they helped me with issues like this with more urgency I would be more open to pay more money for Shopify plus

Bill29
Tourist
11 0 0
Thanks for sharing your experience, and sorry you had to go through it!
I'll try making an additional post, I appreciate the advice.
Bill29
Tourist
11 0 0
Hi @unofficialswim,

How frustrating, I'm sorry you're still waiting! Thanks for your reply, and
for providing context on how many users are stuck waiting for absurd
lengths of time to have simple and important settings updated.

jzhangblue
3 0 0

I got my issue resolved by a "helper" in the tax team about a month ago. That's after 8 months of the initial contact. It sounds like they are really busy handling these issues. My suggestion is when you call customer support, ask them explicitly to put an "urgent" flag or note on your ticket so it can be handled in priority. Good luck.