What can I do if a foreign bank account appears in my Shopify payout settings?

antone
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I was looking to change the payout information for Shopify, and when I went to the settings-payments-Shopify Payments, I saw a bank account under the payout information that wasn't mine. It's a JP Morgan Chase account, which I don't have any ties with. I have also had this account for not too long, under 6 months definitely, so it can't be something that I simply can't remember. I can't recognize the account. I would just change it, but doing so requires the old routing number + account number, which I don't have access to since I have no ties with this bank account. What can I do with no information on the old bank account? I have tried deactivating my Shopify Payments section and reactivating it again, yet to no success. The bank account stays the same, and I don't have the ability to change the payout info.

Replies 5 (5)

JassyLoveUkiya
Visitor
1 0 0

im going threw something simular. i was trying to switch accounts from my checkings to savings (also chase account) but when i put the old account info in they said it wasnt correct. so my payments went to someone else!! its so hard contacting someone to get this fixed!! did you find any way??

@antone wrote:

Hi, I was looking to change the payout information for Shopify, and when I went to the settings-payments-Shopify Payments, I saw a bank account under the payout information that wasn't mine. It's a JP Morgan Chase account, which I don't have any ties with. I have also had this account for not too long, under 6 months definitely, so it can't be something that I simply can't remember. I can't recognize the account. I would just change it, but doing so requires the old routing number + account number, which I don't have access to since I have no ties with this bank account. What can I do with no information on the old bank account? I have tried deactivating my Shopify Payments section and reactivating it again, yet to no success. The bank account stays the same, and I don't have the ability to change the payout info.

cherrypop1414
4 0 0

did you find a way????? i’m going through the same 

auraaromabeauty
Visitor
1 0 0

I am currently having the same issue. Was there a resolution? I have payouts that are in transit to someone else’s account. I don’t have a Wells Fargo account. I need help with this ASAP PLEASE 

cherrypop1414
4 0 0

i’m having the same issue. did you figure out away?

cherrypop1414
4 0 0

Did you figure it out? I’m having the same problem right now