Price difference between cart and checkout

FocusLabs
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

I have the following issue when applying a discount code to products. In the cart the products are displayed like this:

(FYI: 10% discount is applied to all products)

Item one: 9,99€ -> 8,99€ => CORRECT
Item two: 39,99€ ->35,99€ => CORRECT

Total: 49,98€ -> 44,98€ => CORRECT

When clicking on "checkout", on the next page it shows the following:

Item one: 9,99€ -> 9,00€ => INCORRECT
Item two: 39,99€ -> 36,00€ => INCORRECT

Total: 49,98€ -> 45,00€ => INCORRECT

So it seems there is a rounding error by spotify between the calculations in these two pages. How can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @FocusLabs.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

If you're using Shopify Payments, it's possible that you may have turned on price rounding in your payment settings. If price rounding is enabled, I can confirm that this isn't an error, as the price rounding is applied during checkout. This is similar to currency conversions - Where the cart page displays an estimated total, and the checkout displays the total converted by the exchange rate at the time of checking out. It's also important to note that price rounding does not apply to shipping rates or gift rates.

Can you check if you have the price rounding feature turned on?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FocusLabs
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Elias,

I've attached a screenshot from the settings page. As you can see, the setting is already disabled 😕

Screenshot 2021-03-09 082249.png

Best regards

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @FocusLabs.

Thank you for checking and confirming the settings!

While I'm unable to take a closer look at the issue, as we're unable to provide account-specific support over the Community Forums. However, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. From there, we'll be able to authenticate your account and further assist you with this issue.  

I hope this points you in the right direction! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog