Problem in report

Siva3
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi all,

I want to see full report for each items, am not able to find discount details for each items.

Client says: 
"We currently are using Shopify for our sales reporting, however if we process an item which is say, £100. but we are giving someone a 50% discount, our sales report will show the item as being £100, when in fact we have only taken £50. "

Please give me a solution.

Thanks,

Siva.

0 Likes
TGB1
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Siva - I've found exporting order information from the orders section as a CSV is the best way to do this. It has a column that lists the total disounts applied for each transaction that you can easily total at the bottom of the column. See http://screencast.com/t/jBC1TP2i4Xpk for an example.

TGB

John_O
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 0 19

Hi Siva,

TGB is absolutely right. Exporting Orders would be the best "report" to display the order amount with the discount code applied. This CSV file actually shows the most amount of data pertaining to each order so it's super useful.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. :) 

John
support@shopify.com

Siva3
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Thanks TGB and John  for your reply.

I got the discount details in csv file.

Here is my point is it shows (Subtotal + Shipping = Total), But client needs (Subtotal + Shipping - Discount = Total).

For example,

Assume if 

Subtotal = 40

Shipping = 10

Discount = 5

So Total = 45 (i.e 40+10-5).

Please suggest a solution for this issue.

Thanks

Siva

Siva3
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

For reference see the image.

0 Likes
Jason42
Explorer
49 0 23

Not an acceptable solution.  Your Reports are called Reports not 'Half Witted Reports'.  The report is called 'Product Sales' not 'Product Sales at List Price'.   If I sell a $100 item for $50 then the product sale is 1 unit for $50.  There was never ever a product sale for $100.  Shopify simply made it up out of thin air.   Please apply logic to replies.  So either fix it, rename it or shut the reports down and refund everyone who is paying for Unlimited.